'72 rear bumper splash pans

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

grandfatherjim
Addicted!

'72 rear bumper splash pans

Post by grandfatherjim » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:48 pm

Any tips on how these one-year-only pieces connect?
I just got this set, never having had any, and not too long ago, got a rear bumper and mounting brackets, never having had those either. So I'm wingin it.
The inboard ends of these pans have a pair of holes that look like they might bolt on to the top surface of the bumper mounts. But the mounts have no corresponding holes.
Am I missing some pieces?
TIA,
Jim

dtrumbo
IAC Addict!

Post by dtrumbo » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:44 pm

I can't really tell from your description, but does this look like what you need?

If so, I got them from Ken at www.thebusco.com
- Dick

1970 Transporter. 2015cc, dual Weber IDF 40's
1978 Riviera Camper. Bone stock GE 2.0L F.I.
1979 Super Beetle convertible.

... as it turns out, it was the coil!

grandfatherjim
Addicted!

Post by grandfatherjim » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:13 pm

Those go on what I would call the outboard end. The splash pans I received have those already attached.
The area I'm wondering about is the other end of the pan.
Jim

PS Now I have a redundant pair of those. I don't know what other years they may fit but if someone is in need, PM me.

Danny79
I'm New!

72 splash pans rear bumper

Post by Danny79 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:36 am

I saw these at the Columbus VW show (Volksfest 19).

The end you are talking about, the pans just sit on the bumper brackets and are held on my one small bolt per side.

I have a photo from the swap meet area in the show. If only I knew how to post it.

[/img]

midatlanticys
Addicted!

Re: 72 splash pans rear bumper

Post by midatlanticys » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:30 am

Danny79 wrote: I have a photo . . . . if only I knew how to post it.
Danny, welcome to the IAC - nice to have you aboard.

photo posting info is here: http://itinerant-air-cooled.com/faq.php#25

I've just started to use www.photobucket.com to store my photos - it's pretty easy to upload your photos to their server and then you copy a url that looks like this
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx14 ... 8Westy.jpg
but has " [/IMG] " before and after the url.

to find that URL hover your mouse over the top edge of the picture you want to post at the "share" tab - (in front of the pop top on the bus) like this

Then click "Post to Website" which opens in a new window - click "get link code" then go down to the selection "IMG for bulletin boards and forums and click in the "full size" box until it is highlighted

then right click and "copy" then "paste" that [IMG] url into your IAC post . . . which will then end up as a photo here at IAC. I've also just realized you can "share this image" on the bottom left side of the first screen capture and also copy and past the IMG script - - still learnin' as well. :pale:

Good luck!! . . . with the splash pans as well.