Westfalia Wood Paneling Recondition

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

wcfvw69
Old School!

Re: Westfalia Wood Paneling Recondition

Post by wcfvw69 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:20 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
wcfvw69 wrote: The bad part is that it's expensive!

That it is available thirty to forty years after our cars were built, that it is not easy for us to just fabricate, I recommend that we just suck it in and remind ourselves that the people who do make this stuff have to make their living too. This is one of those rare investments that improves the value of your vehicle enough to actually pay for itself.
Colin :king:
Don't get me wrong Colin. I'm MORE than willing to shell out for good parts and I almost always do. I also spend my money with and support the VW vendors who take the time to get NLA parts remade to sell.

However, I can't guarantee that I won't continue to grimace, whine, sniffle and complain when I "crack" my wallet open and order the parts. :) :)
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Westfalia Wood Paneling Recondition

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:04 am

wcfvw69 wrote:I can't guarantee that I won't continue to grimace, whine, sniffle and complain when I "crack" my wallet open and order the parts. :) :)
Fair enough. I am almost off the deep end with this rash reckless recent purchase. My Paypal account had just reached five digits on October 24, now it is two.
Colin :pale:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles