No Headlights!

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

No Headlights!

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:52 am

Dag nab it Luke!

They have been reluctant the last couple of weeks, but last night they gave up the ghost even though they were working when I arrived at work that afternoon. I have all my other running lights, dash lights, etc, but no headlights.

I hosed the switch down with cleaner and still nothing. I swapped in a spare switch I had brought along and still nothing.

One nice thing about Bertha, if you do find yourself stranded, you have all her comforts. So wandered down the street a bit, had a few beers, came back and set up the bed, pulled the curtains, and had a comfortable night in the parking lot where I work.

So what could it be? Dimmer relay? High beams haven't worked with for many many a moon, or somehow related to other electrical issues, like the turn signals that blow the fuse if you use them, or the emergency flasher relay that blows the fuse if you try to use it. Another moment of shame, as it has been a couple years since those issues have been addressed.

oi
neal
The slipper has no teeth.

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Re: No Headlights!

Post by vdubyah73 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:59 pm

was the dimmer relay last time it happened to me. 'Specially if your windshield might leak a bit.
1/20/2013 end of an error
never owned a gun. have fired a few.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Re: No Headlights!

Post by ruckman101 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:45 am

Is that the big square box that plugs into the fuse block that they don't make anymore?

neal
The slipper has no teeth.