'71 Bus Dash Lights

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

foxtail1
I'm New!

'71 Bus Dash Lights

Post by foxtail1 » Thu May 20, 2010 11:42 am

I was messing around and had the cluster out to install a clock. Now I don't have dash lights, but there is a wire hanging from the back of the cluster. I checked the fuse box and did not see where the wire went. By any chance it came of the light switch?

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: '71 Bus Dash Lights

Post by Amskeptic » Thu May 20, 2010 8:42 pm

foxtail1 wrote:I was messing around and had the cluster out to install a clock. Now I don't have dash lights, but there is a wire hanging from the back of the cluster. I checked the fuse box and did not see where the wire went. By any chance it came of the light switch?
Sure. But let us not guess. Your Bentley wiring diagram will tell you that the illumination wiring is gray/red. It will tell you which terminal on the light switch is the source for the entire daisy chain of instrument illumination.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

urtheiz
I'm New!

Post by urtheiz » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:46 am

my dash lite problem is somewhere like this............gas and spreedo gauge don't lite up, BUT the other nite i was drivin and hit the high beam, which always worked, and the 2 dash gauge lites came on, but the high beams didn't........hmmmm (i liked the dash lites more than the hi beams). hit the hi beams a couple of times and they finally came on and the 2 dash lites went off (bummmer!!) gonna open up the signle switch housing and move wires around and see if that does anything. let ya know when i do.
wakeup to find out urtheiz of the world

'71 camper-daily ride

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:58 pm

In my 71, when I hit the turn signal the Brake light comes on, very annoying.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:24 pm

Sylvester wrote:In my 71, when I hit the turn signal the Brake light comes on, very annoying.
Brake warning lamp?
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles