Tire Rotation

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Tire Rotation

Post by BellePlaine » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:07 am

7,450 miles since new, I rotated my Hankooks yesterday. I wanted to get the unused spare in the rotation, pardon the pun, and the advice that I got was to put the new tire on the rear. I randomly selected the passenger side which turned out to have had the most worn tread. Here's a pic of the unused spare against the passenger-rear. The PR tire looks very flat to me.

Because that passenger-rear tire was the most worn, I decided to use it as the spare and leave the passenger-front tire in place for a while longer. I adjusted the pressure to 44 psi in the rear and 34 psi in the front. The aliment seems to be pretty good.
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Tire Rotation

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:19 pm

BellePlaine wrote:
7,450 miles since new,
Because that passenger-rear tire was the most worn, I decided to use it as the spare and leave the passenger-front tire in place for a while longer. I adjusted the pressure to 44 psi in the rear and 34 psi in the front. The aliment seems to be pretty good.
Sounds good. I hear Hankook owners tell me that the tires wear down quickly?
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

RSorak 71Westy
IAC Addict!

Post by RSorak 71Westy » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:10 am

I have Hankook RA08's on the back of my bus and have not noticed this.
Take care,
Rick
Stock 1600 w/dual Solex 34's and header. mildly ported heads and EMPI elephant's feet. SVDA W/pertronix. 73 Thing has been sold. BTW I am a pro wrench have been fixing cars for living for over 30 yrs.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:58 pm

RSorak 71Westy wrote:I have Hankook RA08's on the back of my bus and have not noticed this.
How many miles, and what is your current tread depth in 32ths?

I am 10,000 into the Maxxis tires, and there is one stupid tire with accelerated shoulder tread block wear because I was not paying enough attention and putting on gobs of hard hot highway miles and was distracted by generator bearings.
Left front > too much negative camber AND too much toe out! Repaired an hour ago here in Las Vegas Nevada.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

RSorak 71Westy
IAC Addict!

Post by RSorak 71Westy » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:56 am

How many miles, and what is your current tread depth in 32ths?
The tread depth is just under 7mm and they do not have that many miles on them, a couple thousand or so. Mainly posting so we have record of this info.
Take care,
Rick
Stock 1600 w/dual Solex 34's and header. mildly ported heads and EMPI elephant's feet. SVDA W/pertronix. 73 Thing has been sold. BTW I am a pro wrench have been fixing cars for living for over 30 yrs.