No spark

Find/Fix/Report Back

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Ausdingo
I'm New!

No spark

Post by Ausdingo » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:31 pm

Hello all! Just fitted a air cooled 2.1EFI in my 1970 bus! Trying to get her started and have no spark! Cranking over is good, and EFI module is working!! On my CB performance set up dashboard, the cranking sensor is correct spacing, but showing no spark activity! My friend suggested bypassing ignition and try that! Would one wire go to poss battery and other go straight to ECU output?
Thanks

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: No spark

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:21 pm

Ausdingo wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:31 pm
Hello all! Just fitted a air cooled 2.1EFI in my 1970 bus! Trying to get her started and have no spark! Cranking over is good, and EFI module is working!! On my CB performance set up dashboard, the cranking sensor is correct spacing, but showing no spark activity! My friend suggested bypassing ignition and try that! Would one wire go to poss battery and other go straight to ECU output?
Thanks
Air-cooled 2.1 what? No air-cooled VW engine ever came with 2.1. Has it been modified? VW air-cooled EFI has no crank position sensor. Are you possibly talking about the Hall Effect system with three wires that plug into the distributor? I do not think you want to do battery to ECU "output". Read up on warnings if you are indeed talking about the Hall Effect electronic ignition system.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Ausdingo
I'm New!

Post by Ausdingo » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:33 am

Hi All
It was a custom built 2.1 aircooled with CB GEN4 EFI. My crank sensor is correct and dialed in. Put on new coil pack, but still no spark. Voltage is getting to coil pack.

tommu
Old School!

Post by tommu » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:23 pm

Give CB a bell. I don't think many people here are going to be able to help you.