I'm New!

Re: Left brake and turn signal issue

Post by CikanVuz » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:52 pm

Awesome! TY!

CikanVuz
I'm New!

Post by CikanVuz » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:57 am

yet another question: no I have not gotten this done yet but was going to today and then I recalled the brake light switches have a plastic plug so I cant just use a piggyback as I had planned. I can just splice into either of the two switches, using the red wire correct?

CikanVuz
I'm New!

Post by CikanVuz » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:59 am

I took the time to look at schematic again, and I see it is the black wire.

CikanVuz
I'm New!

Post by CikanVuz » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:33 pm

well, that was a whole lot of work for nothing.. it doesn't work. LOL

Maybe it isn't the black wire? has to be, that is the one that runs to the rear...

kreemoweet
Getting Hooked!

Post by kreemoweet » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:23 pm

If stock wired, there is no wire of any color that runs to the rear from the brake lite switches. There's a black/red wire that
goes to the emergency flasher switch. From there .... well, just study the circuit diagram at this link: http://www.speedyjim.net/schem/bus_2.gif.
It's complicated. Ingenious. Strange. And other adjectives.

CikanVuz
I'm New!

Post by CikanVuz » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:31 pm

There IS a black wire and it goes from the brake light switches to the fuse box, then to the coil, then to the reverse lights ( I was tired and thought that was the brake lights) ... and yES, my dad was a factory trained mechanic in the 60's & he taught me to read these and I know how to read a wiring schematic of this caliber. who can't, it is common sense... and I am doing what skeptic said re wiring to the brake light switch , and using a relay and all and it didnt work for my bus. I am not wiring turn signals... BUt I do realize now that the black wire goes to the backup lights, which I do not have... but still:

if we look at this: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/inf ... _brake.jpg, it says brakes, but those are the turn indicators, but given both work on same system.. I am just gone keep letting third brake light flash when I put on turn signal LOL done with it I guess. Too many other issues to fix and this does not affect her running or starting issues at all so letting it be. TY anyhow.

When I am done fixing more pressing issues, I will try it to the red/black wire and see what occurs. TY again. Funny thing is, the red/black wire had about 3/8th of an inch on the insulation gone. Before cleaning, it looked like it had been cut and twisted together but after cleaning I found it just had remnants of some old wire, now long gone, wrapped around it.... I cut it, put in a male/female tab and a longer piece of wire to close up the exposed wiring... so I can piggy back from that wire, without much effort, and try again.