1. Right now it has a Weber Progressive carb and Accuvance (chinese knock off of 009) dizzy. I have a newly re-manufactured stock dizzy (0-231-172-019). Can I use this and just cap the retard port? My carb has an advance port. Does it matter if the electronic pulse (?) connectors on the dizzy aren't hooked up to anything? I plan on going back to the stock D-Jet system when I find a complete setup.
2. There is an air port next to the #2 intake. What's this for? I can feel air coming out when the engine is running.
3. Air port from fan shroud. I know on a Bus this connects to the Charcoal Cannister in the engine compartment. I found the cannister located under the center of the 411. Does this port still connect to the cannister and if so, what is the routing?
4. Is there a brake booster on here someplace?
5. How do I get the seat to flip up so I can access the battery?
Questions with pics:
6. What's this and where can I get one? I assume it's to keep cool air flowing to the shroud.
7. 2 wires coming from oil pressure switch. On a Bus there is only one wire. The second wire goes to the carb. I believe this is for the cold start valve. Is this the correct hook up?
8. 2 wires connected coming from coil into the harness. The black on is the ignition wire. What is the other?
9. Holes over tranny support bolts. Should these be plugged and where can I get em?
I've already replaced all the fuel lines and vacuum lines to the tranny. Both were spliced together from several sections of hose. The fuel line was vacuum hose except for one 3 foot piece which looked original. Leaks everywhere. Leaky filter hung over dizzy.
1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Crunched Slider Door.