My Eriba Puck "barn-find"

All the strange little accessories for your ACVW.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

amishman
Addicted!

My Eriba Puck "barn-find"

Post by amishman » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:38 pm

Sluggo, thanks for adding this forum. Reason I asked for it is I am now the proud owner of a 70s Eriba Puck to pull behind my VWs. It is my first automobile (car/camper) "barn-find" as they call it. My wife and I were heading to the in-laws Friday night and my wife noticed this "little round camper" parked in someones yard with a sale sign on it. I told her, cool, we will have to check it out. As we drove I mentioned to her if it was a Eriba Puck, that would be really cool since they are real popular among VW owners since they are German made. Drove back later and what did my eyes see, a cute little old Eriba Puck Poptop Camper. I quickly knocked on their door and spoke to the husband and wife, checked it out, and said I would buy it. It was too late to get the money from the bank so I made arrangements to pick it up the next day. Story is the origional owner passed away in the 70s and the wife stored it on some friends barn since then. I guess the wife passed away and this friend wanted it gone. In steps the guy I purchased it from and he got it home and started cleaning. Overall nice shape, bees nests inside and some owl poo, you name it. Just surface crap like that. It cleaned up pretty nice. He cleaned it and stuck a for sale sign on it 4 hours before I saw it. A number of people saw it and I guess the post guy came back later after me but I already made the deal. Even on Saturday morning people kept asking if it was for sale but the owner was nice to turn them away as we had a handshake deal.

Overall it is nice. Not sure if all works inside but time will tell. Some dents and dings but nothing major. One grease seal in a rim needs fixing. More cleaning and poptop canvas work. But... overall, nice.

And my barn-find deal was............ only $700

I am stoked.

Here she is.

tj

:joker:

--------------------------------------------------
"As smart as I can be, the dumber I can become."

tj (the amishman)

Visit my web site if you can.
http://www.vwhippie.com

Come see more pictures and videos of my rides at!
http://www.flixya.com/user/amishman

MidWesty
Getting Hooked!

Post by MidWesty » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:43 pm

Awesome find TJ!
Just out of curiosity, what does a Puck weigh? They can't be too awful heavy, I saw a guy at a show once tow one with Bug. I take that back, I didn't actually see it tow it but it was hooked up to the Bug for showing. I was just curious. I've only seen 2 out in my neck of the woods. East of the Mississippi that is.

Steve
"Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right."

'78 Rivi
'63 Ragtop
'73 Double cab (for sale)

amishman
Addicted!

Post by amishman » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:27 pm

I would be surprised if it weighed 1000 pounds. I think I saw the # 467KG or something on it. If my calculation is right, that would be about 1000 pounds. I can easily move it around my driveway myself. Rolls real easy.

tj

tj (the amishman)

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:09 pm

Nice! What a deal for the price, that little thing is in really good shape!
I have toyed around with the idea of a tear drop trailer but those things got noticed again a few years ago and the prices have been getting steep.

Good Find! Speaking of, there is a decent high top camper (by) a barn right off of I-90 in western Montana...we buzzed by it on our way back to WA.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:48 pm

Great find! Those little campers are cool...it has the pop-up top too? Very nice.
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

Adventurewagen
IAC Addict!

Post by Adventurewagen » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:23 am

That is really cool. They were selling similar ones for a while from Costco of all places, but that was a number of years ago. It's an interesting idea, finding a very small trailer like that and pulling it with the bus if I ever need more room. I think when we have kids though I'll dump them in a tent outside ;) Very cool find.
63 Gulf Blue Notch
71 Sierra Yellow Adventurewagen
DjEep wrote:Velo? Are you being "over-run"? Do you need to swim through a sea of Mexican anchor-babies to get to your bus in the morning?
:wav:

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:12 pm

Wow, you've got an old door leaning against a shed in your backyard too!

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:31 pm

I want I want I want I want!

amishman
Addicted!

Post by amishman » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:30 am

chitwnvw wrote:Wow, you've got an old door leaning against a shed in your backyard too!
Yes, and it awaits the owner to come pick it up. I had a tree fall 2 years ago and since I have no woodstove to burn, I gave it away as long as whomever wanted the wood, needed to come cut it and haul it. 2 years later and the wood is finally gone but the owner left his door behind as he could not fit it in his last load. He got it for free and left it here with his chain saw. Nice guy but the door does want to go home. He hurt himself when he first came and during the last 2 years has had some ailments come and go so it too about two years for him to cut and take the wood home. My wife is happy the tree is now gone.

Anyway, I should send him this picture and remind him the door wants his papa. hehehe

tj

tj (the amishman)

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:19 pm

Sedes1 wrote:LOL!
(URL removed because it attempts to load a virus)
WTF BAN!!!!

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:31 pm

[albumimg]366[/albumimg]Ahhhh!

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Re: My Eriba Puck "barn-find"

Post by steve74baywin » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:48 am

amishman wrote:
Cool,,,,nice find.