What non-VW things are folks doing this weekend?

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

spiffy
IAC Addict!

What non-VW things are folks doing this weekend?

Post by spiffy » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:33 pm

securing the hatches for the rain.

Tore down the chain link railing out front tonight and going to put in a composite one tomorrow (about 18' from the house to the side walk)......should be a nice study in geometry :geek:
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:10 pm

Going to Love Parade, an 30,000 person electronic music orgy that dances down Market Street in SF and takes over the Civic Center Plaza.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

Emily's Owner
Old School!

Post by Emily's Owner » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:36 pm

Taking the kids to Gunderson's and watch them drop a brand new barge into the water (Dad's pipe band will perform). Take kids to the Flock and Fiber Fest out at the Clackamas County Fairgrounds. Dig out all the shrubs in my parents front yard and chop 'em up in the chipper -
Margaret

Lead me not into temptation...... Oh hell, who are we kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut.

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:20 pm

What's this non-VW thing you speak of? :S
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:52 am

Westy78 wrote:What's this non-VW thing you speak of? :S
Really. Unless I have a relative's birthday party or something, there is no Non-VW Weekend!
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:30 pm

Sluggo wrote:
Westy78 wrote:What's this non-VW thing you speak of? :S
Really. Unless I have a relative's birthday party or something, there is no Non-VW Weekend!
Right on!! Well I purchased all the lumber and supplies and slapped up a damn fine railing if I do say so myself......the best part....I got to do all the running around in the bus...so my non VW event turned into a nice romp around town.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

Post by tristessa » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:53 am

I guess this is *technically* VW-related .. I've been working on the Cabriolet. But OTOH it's a watercooled car, so mebbe it belongs here.

Pulled the exhaust manifold (cracked) and downpipe yesterday, charged the battery. Still trying to find a non-cracked dual-outlet manifold for an A1 (Rabbit, early 'Rocco in the '77-82 range). Need to check over the catlytic converter; I think it got contaminated with oily-watery goop when the headgasket let go a couple years ago. Flush the radiator .. again. Oh, and I gotta put a new heatercore in so the floor doesn't get soaked.

Fun stuff. :pukeleft: Hey, at least it isn't a Chebby.

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:28 pm

Well, I kicked my own A-double-Snakes and got all three coats of paint on the new railing....the best part....solar lighting....got to love all the new non-wire needing- off the grid stuff out there!!!
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:36 pm

Sanded some plaster, caulked some seams (house). Took the kids and SO to the nature center, saw some ducks, played on the playground. :bounce: