So not VW, but fun to drive anyway

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Emily's Owner
Old School!

So not VW, but fun to drive anyway

Post by Emily's Owner » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:49 pm

I had the opportunity to drive a friends 1968 Jaguar E-Type (1.5) last week out to the All British Field Meet (in Portland) - Oh my was it a fun car to drive!

Then I had to drive the 1956 TR3 back home, good gawd I'd forgotten how funky they drive - it was a pleasure to get back in the bus after that one.
Margaret

Lead me not into temptation...... Oh hell, who are we kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut.

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:55 pm

Oooh those are beautiful cars. Was it a roadster or coupe? I use to have a big poster of a red coupe out in big green field of yellow dasies that hung on my wall as a kid.

Anyone have an extra 50-60k lying around so I can go pick this one up?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FHC-Rest ... dZViewItem
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

Emily's Owner
Old School!

Post by Emily's Owner » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:00 pm

Coupe....a beautiful metallic blue color - I looked like such a dork as I rolled into the spot where I was supposed to park, I couldn't find reverse to save my soul :scratch: - finally had to ask some guy (apparently you smack the gear shift towards you and pull back, as opposed to our civilized push down on the bus). I immediately have all these guys asking a jillion questions about the car as I try to gracefully exit said vehicle (sheez, guys, I can't find reverse, what makes you think I know anything about the engine...) - but what a blast to drive - made up for the harrowing Triumph drive on I-5 coming home.

My friend also has the convertible "gull-wing" Mercedes - haven't yet driven that one - but I hear it's pretty dreamy.
Margaret

Lead me not into temptation...... Oh hell, who are we kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut.

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:16 pm

Bring this friend down to the Lab so we can take a test drive. :joker: It's still German right?
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.