Post by DurocShark » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:01 am

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Re: Spotted!

Post by hippiewannabe » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:10 pm

DurocShark wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:01 am

In this video: https://youtu.be/uvqr5AD1Sb0
Score one for the Social Media Director, Online Strategy Division, IAC Marketing Group.
Truth is like poetry.
And most people fucking hate poetry.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:27 am

In my Air Guard unit, we have unit stickers we carry and stick in obscure locations we visit, but highly visible such as a ceiling of a beachside tower in Puerto Rico I helped place. Maybe we should do this for the IAC? Place it and take a picture and post it.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:26 pm

We’d need more affordable mass-production of stickers, but Colin could be the new Kilroy... the original analog meme. :)

Robbie
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

NewBeginningsAgain
I'm New!

Post by NewBeginningsAgain » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:06 am

asiab3 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:26 pm
Kilroy... the original analog meme. :)
=:-o
Wow! Original analog meme!
I spent faaaaaar too much time conducting a “review of the literature” on this topic. Along the way I noted the earliest mention of Kilroy as a meme (2013), that “Analog Meme” is the name of a group (that posted 14 songs on Soundcloud 3 years ago), and that I somehow missed the emergence of the term, “analog meme.”

Also, found myself waaaay off track, to discover that some say the emoticon (a typographical representations of facial expressions, not to be confused with emoji, pictorial representations of objects using unicode) was invented in 1982 by Scott Fahlman, however, Joseph Keppler published emoticons in his satirical newspaper, Puck in 1881! Further, Keppler was a “Cartoonist and caricaturist who greatly influenced the growth of satirical cartooning in the United States.” Wikipedia
And, some of his cartoons, “follow a sequential narrative which make them an example of early comic strips. Keppler's most important contribution to comics history was the establishment of the satirical magazine Puck (1871-1916).” Comiclopedia

Edit: Oops, I think my ADD is showing :geek:
NewBeginningsAgain

1978 Westfalia, Dakota Beige, 80k miles
1969 Transporter, Savannah Beige - Sold. Regrets
1966 Deluxe Microbus, Lotus White - Lost in New Mexico

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:29 pm

NewBeginningsAgain wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:06 am
You are among friends ... we have some of the most arcane factoids ever in here.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:56 pm

NewBeginningsAgain wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:06 am
asiab3 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:26 pm
Kilroy... the original analog meme. :)
=:-o
Wow! Original analog meme!
I spent faaaaaar too much time conducting a “review of the literature” on this topic. Along the way I noted the earliest mention of Kilroy as a meme (2013), that “Analog Meme” is the name of a group (that posted 14 songs on Soundcloud 3 years ago), and that I somehow missed the emergence of the term, “analog meme.”

Also, found myself waaaay off track, to discover that some say the emoticon (a typographical representations of facial expressions, not to be confused with emoji, pictorial representations of objects using unicode) was invented in 1982 by Scott Fahlman, however, Joseph Keppler published emoticons in his satirical newspaper, Puck in 1881! Further, Keppler was a “Cartoonist and caricaturist who greatly influenced the growth of satirical cartooning in the United States.” Wikipedia
And, some of his cartoons, “follow a sequential narrative which make them an example of early comic strips. Keppler's most important contribution to comics history was the establishment of the satirical magazine Puck (1871-1916).” Comiclopedia

Proper ADD means I didn't even fini....

OOOH, I got an email! It might be importa....

Why is that light on? I'd better shu...

Hey, I got a text! Who could it be fr...