Insurance Companies to use

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

wcfvw69
Old School!

Re: Insurance Companies to use

Post by wcfvw69 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:34 pm

RussellK wrote:That doesn't make any sense wcfvw69. Why wouldn't they want this business? State Farm covers my house and two other vehicles. The agent wanted to write the policy but the underwriter wasn't on board. Then again why did Chubb approve my use in writing at my stated value but turned down drozdenko? I might have to check out American Family if they are in our State
I agree, it doesn't make sense? I'm paying like $230 a year for collector car insurance with something like 4k miles a year allowed for usage. They insure all four of my vehicles so maybe that's the difference?
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:07 am

I recently joined AARP (yeah I know) and they advertise auto insurance so I contacted them. Basically it is through The Hartford. The agent was agreeable to covering the bus on a limited mileage basis but with no restrictions on type of use. He said they use the NADA Black Book to establish value and would send me to an appraiser if I wanted to establish an agreed to condition. I was thinking in the 16k range and he countered I might be low so quoted it at 22k. The premium was not much more that the collector policy I currently have. The one caveat he had was that we had to eventually bring over all our cars as each policy became due.

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

Post by tristessa » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:14 pm

My wife joined AARP a couple of years ago (I've got a few years to go before I'm old enough) and we bounced our auto insurance from Geico to AARP/Hartford .. just standard coverage not "collector" or agreed-value policy. We're getting the same or better coverage than we did with Geico for about 2/3 the cost; that savings alone is worth the $16/year...
Remember, only YOU can prevent narcissism!