Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

whc03grady
IAC Addict!

"This Beetle Might Have The Finest Trunk Of Any Car Period"

Post by whc03grady » Tue May 03, 2016 10:35 am

Or not.
link

Ludwig--1974 Westfalia, 2.0L (GD035193), Solex 34PDSIT-2/3 carburetors.
Gertie--1971 Squareback, 1600cc with Bosch D-Jetronic fuel injection from a '72 (E brain).
Read about their adventures:
http://www.ludwigandgertie.blogspot.com

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Re: "This Beetle Might Have The Finest Trunk Of Any Car Period"

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Tue May 03, 2016 6:44 pm

I don't play backgammon .... my preference would have a cubby for a fifth of good bourbon or scotch, maybe a bottle of Merlot or Cabernet, maybe a Zin....been on a Zin kick.

But yeah, I know, the perception would have been that it promotes drinking and driving. All kidding aside, that was cool...interior was just as cool.
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri May 06, 2016 7:05 pm

whc03grady wrote:Or not.
finest-trunk-of-any-car-
That's a fine trunk, and backgammon is a fine board game best played stoned.
Colin
(Troll, do you think you might be able to synch up with hippiewannabe and me, June 10, mid-afternoon/early evening so I can get down to La Porte that night? He is in Cement City i.e. Somerset
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Sat May 07, 2016 4:14 pm

I just blocked 2pm and on in my work calendar for June 9. Should be good to go! I'll bring the bus if I don't have the engine torn apart; decided to finally replace the heads. Will be ordering them in the next day or so.
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Post by hippiewannabe » Sun May 08, 2016 5:59 pm

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:I just blocked 2pm and on in my work calendar for June 9. Should be good to go! I'll bring the bus if I don't have the engine torn apart; decided to finally replace the heads. Will be ordering them in the next day or so.
I believe Colin snuck an edit in there.
Amskeptic wrote: (Troll, do you think you might be able to synch up with hippiewannabe and me, June 10, mid-afternoon/early evening so I can get down to La Porte that night? He is in Cement City i.e. Somerset
Festivities are on the 10th, and you will leave that evening to sleep near La Porte and be at your appointment bright and early on the 11th, right Colin?
Truth is like poetry.
And most people fucking hate poetry.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun May 08, 2016 6:25 pm

hippiewannabe wrote:
TrollFromDownBelow wrote:I just blocked 2pm and on in my work calendar for June 9. Should be good to go! I'll bring the bus if I don't have the engine torn apart; decided to finally replace the heads. Will be ordering them in the next day or so.
I believe Colin snuck an edit in there.
Amskeptic wrote: (Troll, do you think you might be able to synch up with hippiewannabe and me, June 10, mid-afternoon/early evening so I can get down to La Porte that night? He is in Cement City i.e. Somerset
Festivities are on the 10th, and you will leave that evening to sleep near La Porte and be at your appointment bright and early on the 11th, right Colin?
Ayep.
Colin
(what edit? I do occasionally spell-correct)

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Tue May 10, 2016 6:23 pm

Noted, and blocked on my work calendar. :)
1976 VW Bus aka tripod

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:37 pm

Hey Hippie and Colin - we still on for the 10th? ... this Friday right? still had it on my brain it was for thursday. I'm assuming it is at the same location I met everyone two years ago.

Cheers,
Mike
1976 VW Bus aka tripod

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Post by hippiewannabe » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:15 am

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:Hey Hippie and Colin - we still on for the 10th? ... this Friday right? still had it on my brain it was for thursday. I'm assuming it is at the same location I met everyone two years ago.

Cheers,
Mike
Just happened to drop in and see this. Let's send PM's to alert each other to updates, even if the discourse is public.
Colin has a gig in Grand Rapids Thursday, and one in Indiana on Saturday, so Friday is the day we get together for a social visit.
Location is not Livonia this time, it is my cottage on Lake Somerset south of Jackson. Much more on the way between Colin's two stops.
I'm quite flexible, but the plan of record is to hang out Friday through at least dinner time, and Colin will leave Friday night and sleep closer to his next appointment. You are both welcome to spend Friday night if that works. I know it's a haul out there from where you live, so feel free to have a few beers and drive home in the morning. Weather looks good, so bring a bathing suit; we can indulge in water skiing since the Peak Oil Apocalypse has been postponed.
Truth is like poetry.
And most people fucking hate poetry.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:17 am

hippiewannabe wrote:
TrollFromDownBelow wrote:Hey Hippie and Colin - we still on for the 10th? ... this Friday right? still had it on my brain it was for thursday. I'm assuming it is at the same location I met everyone two years ago.

Cheers,
Mike
Just happened to drop in and see this. Let's send PM's to alert each other to updates, even if the discourse is public.
Colin has a gig in Grand Rapids Thursday, and one in Indiana on Saturday, so Friday is the day we get together for a social visit.
Location is not Livonia this time, it is my cottage on Lake Somerset south of Jackson. Much more on the way between Colin's two stops.
I'm quite flexible, but the plan of record is to hang out Friday through at least dinner time, and Colin will leave Friday night and sleep closer to his next appointment. You are both welcome to spend Friday night if that works. I know it's a haul out there from where you live, so feel free to have a few beers and drive home in the morning. Weather looks good, so bring a bathing suit; we can indulge in water skiing since the Peak Oil Apocalypse has been postponed.

This is sooooo all going to get deleted.

I need your address, Don. I will try to be there by early afternoon.
Colin

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:06 pm

It wouldn't be the first time I got deleted (this site excluded....had a post get deleted on the samba once, couldn't figure out why it was deleted tho...)
1976 VW Bus aka tripod