after 14 years...

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

after 14 years...

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:57 pm

....for working for the same company, turned in my notice. I have a month before my new job starts. Will be doing a bit of traveling, but alas, not in either the bus or on my bike. Don't have the emotional energy to go through all the details right now, but can say it's been really nice not having to watch my work cell for late night incoming emails or texts....
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Re: after 14 years...

Post by Westy78 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:32 pm

Congratulations. I'd love to leave my job for something new. It really has become a horrible company to work for but with only seven years to go before I can retire with full pension and 30 years in I just can't bring myself to do it.
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

energyturtle
Getting Hooked!

Post by energyturtle » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:11 am

Congratulations. I hope your new job is fantastic. Enjoy the down time, for now. I'm doing a job change now as well. Good luck bus brother!

Scottie

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:36 pm

Screw the man! Never look back!
After six years of this I must say my Bus has been my most faithful companion. Get yours in order while you can.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Runamuck Bus
Getting Hooked!

Post by Runamuck Bus » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:14 am

I'm back to working for 6 months now after being off for almost a year; damn near broke us. I'm working with many people who have been in their position for 10++ years. I gotta say, I found out that my years of various jobs and technologies have given me the opportunity to take different views of the ways to get jobs done. Over the years, I have been nearly forced to accept and work with change to survive. With that, I find that it is easier (for me) to learn and 'catch on', as well as offer insights to others. I'm glad to hear that many prospective employers interview me because of my 'diverse' background.
Endeavor to Persevere.
'72 Weekender