Music on the TV

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Music on the TV

Post by deschutestrout » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:21 am

Just got done watching a somewhat recent Crosby, Stills and Nash concert on Axs TV ... not real impressive. Following it was Crosby and Nash from roughly the same time period ... most excellent. Totally different dynamics, different displays of talent.

Sorry Stephen Stills ... you're no longer a major contributor ... your voice was marginal at best, and your guitar playing was half-assed. Just my humble opinion.
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Re: Music on the TV

Post by hambone » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:36 pm

Yeah what happened to him? Used to be meat n taters.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:47 pm

He looked like the fat, drunk guy they agreed to let play a couple of tunes. And each lead (most of which sucked) he waltz'd out to the front of the stage like he was somethin' special ....

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:24 am

deschutestrout wrote:He looked like the fat, drunk guy they agreed to let play a couple of tunes. And each lead (most of which sucked) he waltz'd out to the front of the stage like he was somethin' special ....
Aw Mark, have mercy on us poor has-beens. We're fat, forgetful, our fingers just don't work like they used to, we KNOW that we're over the hill, jumped the shark, yesterday's news, and we valiantly attempt to connect with the people who know damn well it's over for us, our hearts still hope because they don't know what else to do.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:10 am

I know. Part of my attitude stems from a show he did in the gorge a few years back and he kept complaining about the venue ... and kept complaining about the venue .... outdoors, beautiful view of the Columbia Gorge ... packed place and we all wanted to hear music ... not him continually bitching about how it was cold and windy .... forever embedded in my concert memory. No desire to see him play again ...

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:40 pm

deschutestrout wrote:I know. Part of my attitude stems from a show he did in the gorge a few years back and he kept complaining about the venue ... and kept complaining about the venue .... outdoors, beautiful view of the Columbia Gorge ... packed place and we all wanted to hear music ... not him continually bitching about how it was cold and windy .... forever embedded in my concert memory. No desire to see him play again ...
:shaking: OMG, that's what I DO . . . :shaking:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles