Pop up ads?

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Pop up ads?

Post by hambone » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:10 am

Is anyone else getting them randomly on the IAC? Whenever you click...
Off to bed. :shaking2:
It seems to be Arcade Frontier. Thanks kid.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Re: Pop up ads?

Post by Bleyseng » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:12 am

No, maybe it's just you as in you have malware on your computer.
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

Hobug
Getting Hooked!

Post by Hobug » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:47 am

No pop-ups here.
76 Westy
69 Squareback (auto)
63 Bug
73 Thing (Type 4 powered)

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:36 am

hambone wrote:Is anyone else getting them randomly on the IAC? Whenever you click...
Good Gawd No.

Check your computer and do not be the unwitting host of an infection . . . that would be considered "bad manners" in the tribe of a post-apocalyptic world!

Check this out:
h[url]ttp://www.2-spyware.com/remove-arcade-safari.html[/url]

The problem here, is that we were bombed big time about three weeks ago by a whole bunch of bored Ukrainians and Chinese even a Lebanese, just like we were by those kitchen cabinet hawkers from Britain.

I dutifully went through hundreds of Who Is inquiries and deleted as many as I could, but I have been told that their showing up in our "account waiting to be activated" database could none-the-less give them a foot in the door for depositing hidden code in our website page loads.

I hate this cat-and-mouse stuff, but it performs a valuable service both in the natural world and the cyber-space world. It forces all of us to defend ourselves, and in so doing, we become stronger and more informed. Just the things I hate.
Colin :shaking2:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Hobug
Getting Hooked!

Post by Hobug » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:21 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
hambone wrote:Is anyone else getting them randomly on the IAC? Whenever you click...
Good Gawd No.

Check your computer and do not be the unwitting host of an infection . . . that would be considered "bad manners" in the tribe of a post-apocalyptic world!

Check this out:
h[url]ttp://www.2-spyware.com/remove-arcade-safari.html[/url]

The problem here, is that we were bombed big time about three weeks ago by a whole bunch of bored Ukrainians and Chinese even a Lebanese, just like we were by those kitchen cabinet hawkers from Britain.

I dutifully went through hundreds of Who Is inquiries and deleted as many as I could, but I have been told that their showing up in our "account waiting to be activated" database could none-the-less give them a foot in the door for depositing hidden code in our website page loads.

I hate this cat-and-mouse stuff, but it performs a valuable service both in the natural world and the cyber-space world. It forces all of us to defend ourselves, and in so doing, we become stronger and more informed. Just the things I hate.
Colin :shaking2:
I am having the same problem on our club website. Over 100 a day trying to register. For a short time they had found a way to post on our site; nothing I could understand, but they posted a bunch of whatever it was. Their IP addresses also went back to the Ukraine, China, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Iran. Not comforting stuff.
76 Westy
69 Squareback (auto)
63 Bug
73 Thing (Type 4 powered)