Forum Stats...upd 1st Qtr p.8

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

JLT
Old School!

Re: Forum Statistics

Post by JLT » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:03 pm

I've asked the web administrator of the Northern California Aircooled Group (NAG) to favor us with a link. Maybe it would be nice to have a reciprocal link from this site to theirs. Their URL is http://www.norcalaircooledgroup.org/
-- JLT
Sacramento CA

Present bus: '71 Dormobile Westie "George"
(sometimes towing a '65 Allstate single-wheel trailer)
Former buses: '61 17-window Deluxe "Pink Bus"
'70 Frankenwestie "Blunder Bus"
'71 Frankenwestie "Thunder Bus"

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:25 am

Runamuck Bus wrote: Some of our "favorite" sites are there, but the link to LiMBO is dead :silent: .
LiMBO is dead?
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Runamuck Bus
Getting Hooked!

Post by Runamuck Bus » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:46 pm

Limbo is on the back burner. Apparently, Gangnam Style By Psy, The New Dance Craze, is where it's at. Please do not ask me, I do not know; google is your friend here. The Limbo link on the NEATO site returns the dreaded 404 Not Found error; I will mention it to the webmaster when I write. I found the actual LiMBO Site:
http://www.limbobus.org/phpBB4/portal.php
(Late Model Bus Organization), and had a heck of a time doing it.
I am still working on the IAC --> NEATO intro; procrastination is, by far, my greatest skill (no Colin, I still have NOT torqued the Shock Bolts to the correct setting).
Endeavor to Persevere.
'72 Weekender

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:02 pm

Runamuck Bus wrote:Limbo is on the back burner. Apparently, Gangnam Style By Psy, The New Dance Craze, is where it's at. Please do not ask me, I do not know; google is your friend here. The Limbo link on the NEATO site returns the dreaded 404 Not Found error; I will mention it to the webmaster when I write. I found the actual LiMBO Site:
http://www.limbobus.org/phpBB4/portal.php
(Late Model Bus Organization), and had a heck of a time doing it.
I am still working on the IAC --> NEATO intro; procrastination is, by far, my greatest skill (no Colin, I still have NOT torqued the Shock Bolts to the correct setting).
Torque the shock bolts *before* kick-off. You have 28 minutes.
(go 49ers)
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Post by Lanval » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:42 pm

When I asked you a couple years ago about doing some marketing here in So Cal, you were uninterested ~ I got the impression that you were as busy as you needed/wanted to be. Given the number of AC dedicated businesses within a 30 mi radius of where I live, I've never understood why you don't spend a significant chunk of time here (other than that you've made no effort to do so I guess)...

I'm about to leave my the biz I've been working for and strike out on my own, in part because they refuse to do any sales/marketing and yet have the temerity to wonder why we're not awash in new students. There's no trick to more biz ---> walk, knock and talk we used to call it. Gotta talk to people. Gotta reach out.

For example, remember Jim at Interstate Auto Parts? If I were in your business, I would've been bending his ear for connections, job opportunities, etc. That guy's connections are sick ~ and they're worldwide, if you wan't 'em.

If you want more biz, the next step is easy to understand, though not easy (for most people, I think ~ many people seem to really hate sales) to take.

Best,

L

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:12 pm

Lanval wrote:When I asked you a couple years ago about doing some marketing here in So Cal, you were uninterested ~ I got the impression that you were as busy as you needed/wanted to be. Given the number of AC dedicated businesses within a 30 mi radius of where I live, I've never understood why you don't spend a significant chunk of time here (other than that you've made no effort to do so I guess)...

I'm about to leave my the biz I've been working for and strike out on my own, in part because they refuse to do any sales/marketing and yet have the temerity to wonder why we're not awash in new students. There's no trick to more biz ---> walk, knock and talk we used to call it. Gotta talk to people. Gotta reach out.

For example, remember Jim at Interstate Auto Parts? If I were in your business, I would've been bending his ear for connections, job opportunities, etc. That guy's connections are sick ~ and they're worldwide, if you wan't 'em.

If you want more biz, the next step is easy to understand, though not easy (for most people, I think ~ many people seem to really hate sales) to take.

Best,

L
Step One for me is to build the traffic *here* on the web site. I do not know yet if the 2013 Itinerary is going to be hurting for customers because I haven't yet posted my preliminary posts that must be posted, poste haste.
Colin
:withstupid:

Runamuck Bus
Getting Hooked!

Post by Runamuck Bus » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:42 pm

No NEATO. I received this email reply to my inquiries -
Tim,

Your email comes at a time that the last issue of the NEATO newsletter, Old Bus Review, is being prepared announcing the end of the NEATO old bus club. We recently disabled the Paypal link through our web page to avoid people paying for memberships which we would not be able to fulfill. After 27 years of newsletters and activities, there just wasn't enough interest in keeping the club going.

As you guessed, the correct link to the Late Model Bus Organization is limbobus.org. Many people were members of both clubs and, with your '72 Weekender, LiMBO may be more appropriate to your needs to finish construction.

I regret having to tell you of NEATO's demise, but thanks for your interest and best of luck with your '72.

-Jim Bryant
NEATO Treasurer
Endeavor to Persevere.
'72 Weekender

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:04 pm

Runamuck Bus wrote:
I regret having to tell you of NEATO's demise, but thanks for your interest and best of luck with your '72.

-Jim Bryant
NEATO Treasurer
Gads they ARE gone! I bet this is what happened to the Model T club in 1956!
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:03 am

Runamuck Bus wrote: After 27 years of newsletters and activities, there just wasn't enough interest in keeping the club going.
Ouch. Where was NEATO? What did you know of it?
ColinClubPathologistINC

Runamuck Bus
Getting Hooked!

Post by Runamuck Bus » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:44 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Runamuck Bus wrote: After 27 years of newsletters and activities, there just wasn't enough interest in keeping the club going.
ColinClubPathologistINC
I found NEATO on Ratwell and all of what I know of them comes from their banner page: http://www.newtonic.com/neatoclub/
The invitation to post a link or reference sounded interesting and I decided to attempt to join their group. I searched all over the site for the 'Membership' sign-up and even the (dreaded) Paypal payment link. I thought I had gone completely stupid when I could not locate either, so I wrote to the 'committee' and Webmaster. Sanity was restore when I received the reply above - sorry to report, they are kaput.
Endeavor to Persevere.
'72 Weekender

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:39 pm

Runamuck Bus wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:
ColinClubPathologistINC
I found NEATO on Ratwell and all of what I know of them comes from their banner page: http://www.newtonic.com/neatoclub/
The invitation to post a link or reference sounded interesting and I decided to attempt to join their group. I searched all over the site for the 'Membership' sign-up and even the (dreaded) Paypal payment link. I thought I had gone completely stupid when I could not locate either, so I wrote to the 'committee' and Webmaster. Sanity was restore when I received the reply above - sorry to report, they are kaput.
Happy to report that we are not . . . yet. Is now a good time to ask you if you want a visit this summer? I promise to do a write up with photographs within 48 hours . . . this time. :pirate:

Runamuck Bus
Getting Hooked!

Post by Runamuck Bus » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:39 am

You may very well be on your '27th IAC' tour before 'kaputness' sets in, gracefully (with laughter and song - 'Those were the Days' comes to mind). No, it is not too early to ask; I expect to have my Paypal contact your Paypal soon. As far as the write-ups go, what about a more 'mutual agreement? Given that the distances between visits could be long, and the time be short; how 'bout some clients start the thread with 'sensei' corrections after the fact? Even the Enterprise (ncc1701a) required repair and maint, and Cap'n K barely had enuff time to fill out the log.
Endeavor to Persevere.
'72 Weekender

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:13 pm

Runamuck Bus wrote:You may very well be on your '27th IAC' tour before 'kaputness' sets in,
Then again, it might be my eleventh . . .
"Honey, there is someone at the door."
"Oh geeze! Him again? What the hell? We didn't ask for a visit this year!"
"You mean he just showed up?"
"Yes, it is exactly the same date as last year!"

Runamuck Bus wrote: As far as the write-ups go, what about a more 'mutual agreement? Given that the distances between visits could be long, and the time be short; how 'bout some clients start the thread with 'sensei' corrections after the fact?
Yes.
Colin

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Post by Lanval » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:26 am

Amskeptic wrote:
Lanval wrote:When I asked you a couple years ago about doing some marketing here in So Cal, you were uninterested ~ I got the impression that you were as busy as you needed/wanted to be. Given the number of AC dedicated businesses within a 30 mi radius of where I live, I've never understood why you don't spend a significant chunk of time here (other than that you've made no effort to do so I guess)...

Best,

L
Step One for me is to build the traffic *here* on the web site. I do not know yet if the 2013 Itinerary is going to be hurting for customers because I haven't yet posted my preliminary posts that must be posted, poste haste.
Colin
:withstupid:
Well, we could be having a "chicken and egg" moment.... from my perspective, reach out to others in the area ~ that drives visits, which creates engaged users, which creates more visitors/posts to the website.

There are a couple of ways you could go, which other smarter members have already posted ~ linking and/or ads in other forums, etc. But I'm wondering about other things too... giving talks at local clubs (there are 3-4 air cooled clubs that I know of in OC, and most of them meet weekly) when you're here, or going to those meets and doing a little press-the-flesh. That would have the effect you want (more visitors/posts) but is driven from the other end. Get 'em as customers, sort of, and they'll come back for the info here.

My .02 cents.

L.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:58 pm

We are also a community, which means more than mere customers...I'd hate to think I'm a "commodity".
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat