New year resolutions.. Drinking too much.. nuts.

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Reid
Getting Hooked!

Re: New year resolutions.. Drinking too much.. nuts.

Post by Reid » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:32 am

Well, how is the 2013 plan working out?

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Post by IFBwax » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:27 pm

Well I had the flu the past few days but still managed to at least walk a mile. So my streak is still alive in that I've walked or run at least one mile every day of 2013. That's 27 days and 65.5 miles. I cut Waaaaay back on drinking. I've only had alcohol about four days this year and I've lost 8 pounds so far this month. I don't feel markedly better in as being more alert or less sleepy, but I'm feeling motivated still and doing a good job of staying away from crappy foods. So, I would say so far, one month has gone about as well as I could have hoped. Myfitnesspal.com is helping me keep track of my daily caloric and nutritional intake and exercise and I rarely go over my allotted 1400 calories per day. More if I exercise a lot. If I could boil it all down, it's just shocking how many good veggies you can eat for hardly any calories and how things like butter, mayo, bread, can inflate the numbers so fast. Meat isn't even that bad. My best meal is salmon and baked veggies. Really good and filling and few calories.
The best navigators aren't sure where they're going until they get there. And then they're still not sure.

Frank Bama

http://www.partypickle.blogspot.com

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:39 pm

And now Nehalem. :drunken:
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:00 pm

IFBwax wrote:My best meal is salmon and baked veggies. Really good and filling and few calories.
Ditto . . . but we have a wicked good salmon garnish that might be calorie city here in NY.
Not one Panera cinnamon roll in 2013 yet . . . :pale:
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Post by IFBwax » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:54 pm

Not drinking booze every chance I get has at least let me branch out. Who'd have known how good hot tea tastes at the end of an evening?
The best navigators aren't sure where they're going until they get there. And then they're still not sure.

Frank Bama

http://www.partypickle.blogspot.com

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:32 pm

IFBwax wrote:Not drinking booze every chance I get has at least let me branch out. Who'd have known how good hot tea tastes at the end of an evening?
This is the terrible truth . . . that we are plastic enough to substitute a whole slew of bad habits for a whole slew of good habits and find out that the good habits give just as much satisfaction. They say that the brain rewires the stimulus/response in about 120 days with psychic addiction lasting about another three months. I refuse to find that out for myself.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles