Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

OB Bus

Post by OB Bus » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:57 pm

Elwood wrote:
With all due respect Birdi, Just how many post have you seen about "Phred" from Z, no personal slam here but she seems to be on a personal enrichment mission for herself , not the bus. And thats fine and dandy but not my cup of tea. I usually pass on her post because I personally don,t like any thing but tech stuff from the guys or gals that know. You included with your two, and vwgirl is a jewel of knowledge I have tried to tap for a couple of yrs(too much like a Mom) I told Colin to warn her about vwrepairman, he would hurt her or break her heart. Don,t know what it was, but sure she deserved way better than his crude type.

So glad she is on to a happier place of joy. Hell we all are and come from backgrounds so very differant. I have never judged you, why are you judging me? Barb
Barb - time to step back from whatever is aggitating (sp?) you.

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:58 pm

Such drama!

-John
Keep it acoustic.

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:16 pm

Did I just stumble into a weird Twilight Zone time warp where the last few posts make no freaking sense and don't relate to the subject at hand? :cyclopsani: :compress: I'm lost.............
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:20 pm

Yes you guys are so right. Thank you !
'69 weekender ~ Elwood

Birdibus
IAC Addict!

Post by Birdibus » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:30 pm

??
71 bus, 74 westy

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:51 pm

Back on subject.

Here's what happened. I made a small error on the admin page that caused me not to be able to access the admin page. I called my host and the rep said they would help. Well, instead of fixing what I had told them to fix, they did all this other stuff instead. Basically made it work without actually fixing the problem. Not a good idea with cars or internet forums. They have been working frantically trying to figure out what the first tech did. So they say. But it seems like they are just fixing little things that they see that don't look right and hoping that fixes it. Rather than just undo what the first guy did.

This has caused posts to get deleted (including mine), recurring log-ins and, apparently, some people to be offended. We are not deleting your posts or trying to drive anyone away. We are just trying to rectify 2 mistakes (my small mistake and the tech's big one).

If your donation got sent back it's because of a problem with PayPal which has been solved. No offense was intended. If you still feel comfortable you can resend your donation. This sucks because we had reached 75% of our goal in about 3 hours but I had to decline all of them.

The forum will be back to normal even if I have to rebuild it from scratch and transfer each individual post.
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:54 pm

Sluggo wrote: If your donation got sent back it's because of a problem with PayPal which has been solved. No offense was intended. If you still feel comfortable you can resend your donation. This sucks because we had reached 75% of our goal in about 3 hours but I had to decline all of them.
So should we resend it to the IAC account or to your personal account?

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:57 pm

:cheers: Nothin to see here anymore. Every little thing is gonna be alright =D>
'69 weekender ~ Elwood

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:02 pm

What the hell is going on here? Am I losing my mind or did I miss something? Barb, what's the deal? Your randomness has me scratching my head.

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:04 pm

Oh, by the way, it seems that the log in problem has been cured.....for now.

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:09 pm

Westy78 wrote:
Sluggo wrote: If your donation got sent back it's because of a problem with PayPal which has been solved. No offense was intended. If you still feel comfortable you can resend your donation. This sucks because we had reached 75% of our goal in about 3 hours but I had to decline all of them.
You should send it to randy@sluggoproductions.com. It's all on the donation page. There's a link on the navigation bar.
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:15 pm

Sluggo wrote:
Westy78 wrote:
You should send it to randy@sluggoproductions.com. It's all on the donation page. There's a link on the navigation bar.
Done and done. =D>

covelo
Old School!

Post by covelo » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:21 pm

Same here. Love this forum! :geek:
‘80 Vanagon Westfalia - 54,400 miles
'91 Toyota Pickup (4WD long bed) - 199,960 miles
1987 Alfa Spider Veloce - 166,400 miles
2017 VW E-Golf - 5,600 miles

VWBusrepairman
IAC Addict!

Post by VWBusrepairman » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:49 am

I didn't have any log-in problems, but I keep seeing horrible grammatical errors and posts that make no sense. Perhaps not all contributors went to school? :cherry:
1968-1979 VW bus sunroof consulting, type IV engine analysis, QA technical work

OB Bus

Post by OB Bus » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:36 am

Yeah! I don't have to log in every time. Thank you for the work in solving the problem. I have zero skills in this area and appreciate all those people who have those skills.