IAC Addict!

stone beetle

Post by Birdibus » Tue May 29, 2007 5:07 pm

Stumbled upon this while searching for something else
71 bus, 74 westy

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Tue May 29, 2007 6:40 pm

Not sure where that is, but it has been around awhile. I saw that online back in 97. I bet Colin could get that running again.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

bottomend
Hardliest Working Man In Show Business

Post by bottomend » Tue May 29, 2007 8:59 pm

Did you ever wonder why people always pick the VW Beetle to do things like this with?

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Tue May 29, 2007 9:11 pm

Greatest car ever made, perhaps?
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

Birdibus
IAC Addict!

Post by Birdibus » Tue May 29, 2007 11:08 pm

I used to drive one, so I'm kind of fond of them. It had bumpers like the stone beetle, a cute little '64 with two tone tail lights and light blue paint. I must admit though, that I longed for a bus for years before finding a pal for the bug.
71 bus, 74 westy

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Wed May 30, 2007 7:27 am

Does anyone know where the Stone Beetle is? I may have to make a pilgrimage to it. Might become a monument, like Mount Rushmore. Or possibly an ACVW holy place, such as the Wailing Wall or Stonehenge! I can imagine Druidic followers, offering prayer of hope at the Stone Beetle:

"Oh please thy Beetle of Stone, let my Westy live again, heal thy clutch."
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Birdibus
IAC Addict!

Post by Birdibus » Wed May 30, 2007 1:44 pm

Sylvester~ Ithaca, NY
http://www.ithacaartisan.com/ithaca.asp

check out this somewhat related VW rock sculpture
http://www.dynamic3.co.uk/project.asp?ID=229
71 bus, 74 westy

Birdibus
IAC Addict!

Post by Birdibus » Wed May 30, 2007 1:51 pm

71 bus, 74 westy

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Wed May 30, 2007 2:01 pm

Birdibus wrote:Sylvester~ Ithaca, NY
http://www.ithacaartisan.com/ithaca.asp
Ahhhh, Ithaca NY is the holy land. I wonder what kind of offerings I should bring?
Birdibus wrote:check out this somewhat related VW rock sculpture
http://www.dynamic3.co.uk/project.asp?ID=229
Yuck, :pukeleft:. That is VW inspiration? Makes me feel like Tom Hanks's character in the TV comedy "Bosom Buddies" when he mocked gallery-goers lauding a white canvas with a large red circle in the center. "It's the flag of Japan," he said, shaking his head in wonderment. No offense Birdi, I am not cultured is all.