Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

71bus
I'm New!

Post by 71bus » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:16 pm

Sylvester wrote:
71bus wrote:USN 1984-94
Avaition Electronics Tech
HS-2 deployed on CV 63 twice 1 west pac 1 world cruise both 6 mo.
AIMD NAS Miramar/ CVN 72 2 six mo. West Pacs

COMNAVAIRPAC
4790.2 charlie
padeye wrench
100 feet of shore line and a bucket of rotor wash
You were on the Kitty Hawk? Nice. What aircraft did you work in? Got a pic?
Yes the Shitty Kitty, the Stinkin' Lincoln was much nicer, and brand new when I was on it. I was in HS2 the Golden Falcons on the Hawk working on H3D Helos. Any pictures I have would bo on paper.......
Dan and Katrina
T.C.B.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:46 am

Sylvester wrote:I'll throw this out too. All of you have pics when you were in, test your IAC skills and post one here. I'll get one up later today.
Here we go. A few of us from my unit in Kuwait, summer 2002. With the 332nd. I am on the right. And no, I didn't fly the A-10 behind me, or work on it, or get to play in it, etc. Just a Comm troop, they don't trust us with a rifle!

Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Quadratrückseite
IAC's #1 Cubs Fan
IAC's #1 Cubs Fan

Post by Quadratrückseite » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:58 am

Another Comm guy here! 31K, Combat Signaler, Basic Training at Ft. Jackson, SC - AIT at Ft. Gordon, GA
2nd Battallion, 123rd Field Artillery, Illinois Army National Guard 1989-1995
Didn't have to go to Desert Shield/Storm (we were on alert), but went to Honduras for training. Got called up for the Mississippi River Flood of '93. My old unit did go to Iraq this time though.
"The bus is the real talisman. It's the thing that runs through all of this history. It's not a thing anybody owns or controls. No matter how peeved you get with people, the bus always makes your heart jump. Everybody was attached to it."
- Ken Kesey

Steve
1978 Country Homes Camper conversion - "Gus"

http://gusthevwbus.com
http://freshandmodern.com/blog

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:26 am

Quadratrückseite wrote:Another Comm guy here! 31K, Combat Signaler, Basic Training at Ft. Jackson, SC - AIT at Ft. Gordon, GA
2nd Battallion, 123rd Field Artillery, Illinois Army National Guard 1989-1995
Didn't have to go to Desert Shield/Storm (we were on alert), but went to Honduras for training. Got called up for the Mississippi River Flood of '93. My old unit did go to Iraq this time though.
Now I have "As the cassions go rolling along" stuck in my head. My great-uncle was in the Coastal Artillery, but a ways back, in 1909, heh. So the Combat Signaler was a link to battalion, or anywhere?
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.