Sleep patterns.

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

Sleep patterns.

Post by Jivermo » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:29 am

Violent thunderstorms and lightening, the remnants of Erika, buffeted Miami all night, and constantly awoke me. Unsummoned thoughts came to mind, as often happens to me when I'm sleep deprived. Among them: Colin, how are your sleep patterns as you run through different time zones, working hard and often late? Do you adjust, or do you remain pretty much on east coast time the entire run? Inquiring minds want to know.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Sleep patterns.

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:17 am

Jivermo wrote:Violent thunderstorms and lightening, the remnants of Erika, buffeted Miami all night, and constantly awoke me. Unsummoned thoughts came to mind, as often happens to me when I'm sleep deprived. Among them: Colin, how are your sleep patterns as you run through different time zones, working hard and often late? Do you adjust, or do you remain pretty much on east coast time the entire run? Inquiring minds want to know.

Violent rain and wind last night here in New York whilst camped behind a closed establishment or another, interrupted sleep primarily because I had a notion that a window may have been left open (not enough to take in rain).

Time zones have a mild effect on me. As I head east, mornings are more difficult but evenings are easier. I adjust to each time zone within a day or so.

Working hard is critical for a good night's sleep. Those times where my sleep has been devastated (like meth-addled insomniacs pacing or arguing at some cheap motel), I make sure not to nap the next day, but just push through to my normal expiration hour (11:30PM).

The bus is a "safe house" in my psyche, and I sleep soundly, save for occasional Call Of Nature (doesn't happen out west when dehydrated).
I love the fugues and amnesias where I wake up in the morning confounded as to where I am.
Here's this morning's 6:30AM view after the pounding rain:

BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles