Robin Williams is dead. :(

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Robin Williams is dead. :(

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:36 pm

I'm sure you folks know by know - it's all over the internet/social media. Dead Poet's Society is one of my favorite movies - if you folks have never seen it, you've got to. It was shown to me by one of my undergrad college prof's. Very inspiring. Definitely a loss....
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

Cindy
IAC Addict!

Re: Robin Williams is dead. :(

Post by Cindy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:02 pm

I was upset when Marlon Brando died. (Some men are meant to live forever.) But I didn't shed a tear.

After hearing the news about Robin Williams, I cried all the way home. He made me happy every time I saw him on TV. I would sit through hideous talk shows just waiting for his segment to come on. And I was a fan (at age eleven?) of his goofy first sitcom.

My high school English teacher took me to see Dead Poets Society. I'm watching it tonight with my kids. They know and love him as Mrs. Doubtfire.

Cindy
“No one can tell what goes on in between the person you were and the person you become. No one can chart that blue and lonely section of hell. There are no maps of the change. You just come out the other side.
Or you don't.” ― Stephen King, The Stand

jimbear
Getting Hooked!

Re: Robin Williams is dead. :(

Post by jimbear » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:53 pm

Rob Schneider believes that William's death was linked to Parkinson's drugs he "may" have been taking. Interestingscarysad At any rate, still thinking about this. Poor guy. I was not a fan all of his work, but genius none-the-less.
Some of my favs:
~Patch Adams**
~Being Human****
~Mrs. Doubtfire**
~The Fisher King*****
~Awakenings***
~Dead Poets Society*****
~Good Morning, Vietnam*****
~Club Paradise*
~The Survivors**
~The World According to Garp*****
~Popeye**