The IAC Way of Life, or something...

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: The IAC Way of Life, or something...

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:48 pm

Jivermo wrote:It's OK. My son's friend Greg said to me a couple of days ago, "Hey, I hear the guy with the Daisy Dukes is coming down soon."

By the way, milled nose cone will be ready Tuesday. I'll have coffee waiting on ya. Not like the first time, when I disappeared right after we shook hands.
Colin asked my wife, "Where did he go?"
My wife said,"I don't know."
Colin, perturbed, sat down at the dining room table and began to draw VW bus parts.
I had gone out to get Hot coffee, as I had figured that was a firm prerequisite to Colin working.
I think it took until about noon until he allowed that I was a serious, hands on guy.
We are down for Wednesday Thursday.
Againes is down for Friday afternoon 2:00PM through Saturday 6:00PM with an option for half day Sunday morning before I jet to New Jersey.
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Boxcar
Addicted!

Post by Boxcar » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:07 am

Is there a possibility to spectate,or offer any support while a Colin visit proceeds?
I live in morris county NJ, thinking its the Long Valley visit youre vectoring toward, but Montclair is just over the hill.
1975 003 Auto Westy L90D

repair!!!!aug2015
Jan/16 Bumped mixture a few notches richer. finally developing HP.

1.8L/LJet/Pertron DVDA+PertronixCompufire 42/36Ham Heads/AA 93mm pistons/barrels.Porsc.Swiv.Adjusters/CromoSteel pushrds/ Web 9550Cam/55cc chmbr.,035 squish,8.6:1CR/German Supply VWCanadaReman Rods/Schadek 26mmPump/vdo dualOP8/10#low sender/Quart Deep Sump
Backdate Htr bxs,reflanged 914 4into1. Two and three eighths inch collector,magniflow*muffler

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:05 am

Boxcar wrote:Is there a possibility to spectate,or offer any support while a Colin visit proceeds?
I live in morris county NJ, thinking its the Long Valley visit youre vectoring toward, but Montclair is just over the hill.
Ask either appetite or retro1302. Appetite and I have mostly a grunt labor appointment, so that would be a little easier on concentration, maybe you could help us install windows . . . :cyclopsani:

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

Post by Jivermo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:36 am

Right now he's vectoring towards Miami, and should make it as long as BobD does not try to eat more plastic bags along the way. You're welcome to speculate, spectate or look on down here if you can make it down in time...

Boxcar
Addicted!

Post by Boxcar » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:11 am

Jivermo wrote:Right now he's vectoring towards Miami, and should make it as long as BobD does not try to eat more plastic bags along the way. You're welcome to speculate, spectate or look on down here if you can make it down in time...
thank you jivermo. rain check possibly? if I get down Florida way, it would be a pleasure..

The retro1302, and appetite visits are both less than an hour from me, hence my interest.
If I can ever lend a hand to to however just raise your hand.//Eric
1975 003 Auto Westy L90D

repair!!!!aug2015

1.8L/LJet/Pertron DVDA+PertronixCompufire 42/36Ham Heads/AA 93mm pistons/barrels.Porsc.Swiv.Adjusters/CromoSteel pushrds/ Web 9550Cam/55cc chmbr.,035 squish,8.6:1CR/German Supply VWCanadaReman Rods/Schadek 26mmPump/vdo dualOP8/10#low sender/Quart Deep Sump
Backdate Htr bxs,reflanged 914 4into1. Two and three eighths inch collector,magniflow*muffler

Boxcar
Addicted!

Post by Boxcar » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:43 am

Amskeptic wrote:
Boxcar wrote:Is there a possibility to spectate,or offer any support while a Colin visit proceeds?
Ask either appetite or retro1302. Appetite and I have mostly a grunt labor appointment, so that would be a little easier on concentration, maybe you could help us install windows . . . :cyclopsani:
mistako: Appetite is not within my effective range..Its retro1302 and (red D~less)cheesehead long valley who I envisioned being near. PM sent to montclair retro1302, and one to long valley cheesehead some few weeks and weeks ago..will resend just for Bus Solidarity sake..

temps a rising in the garden state, but a dusting of snow just last night..
1975 003 Auto Westy L90D

repair!!!!aug2015

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:26 am

Boxcar wrote:a dusting of snow just last night..
Soooooooooooooooooo not acceptable. I am fully acclimated to 82* and humid here in Miami.
Colin :shaking:

weisswurst
Addicted!

Post by weisswurst » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:39 am

wish you could stay longer sir! just dropped the Doka off at joyriding mechanic for it's 350 mile checkup today since the rebuild so I can bring it tomorrow ALL the way down to Pinecrest-Kendall to ya for a drive and evaluation Maestro! Thinking of taking US-27 the whole way and avoiding the turnpike (too may quarry dumptrucks pushing behind me last time I drove the Currywurst there for a part on Craigslist)
toodles!
jeff
"I drink, therefore yes ma'am..."