colin spotting in northern mich?

Bus, Microbus, Transporter, Station Wagon, Vanagon, Camper, Pick-Up.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

upnorthman
Getting Hooked!

colin spotting in northern mich?

Post by upnorthman » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:26 pm

Just about went off the road when I saw the blue bus! Ah it must have been him about eightish this evening. Sorry I just had to post a topic on it. When you see a blue bus here she is rare. I am pretty jealous of the sage for having him visit. I could use some help going through the basics. Next year...........

But ya my wife was wondering what the hell my problem was. I was freaking out "can I turn around and follow him?" and you know the answer. It was pretty sweet seeing that bus I just knew it right away. Yah I have been on the forums for about six months or so and it was forking sweet to see someone (or so I think) that I have been reading posts from for so long and hearing about, especially in northern michigan were the bays are rare.

Sluggo,
Love the site...excited to watch it grow, learn from and hopefully contribute to it.
adios
1976 Sage Green Westy
F.I. with Hyd lifters
Rebuilt once....Miles?

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:40 pm

I am hoping to spot Colin on our way to yellowstone on I-90...he may be on his way out to western WA around then.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:44 pm

I'd say the odds were pretty darn good it was Colin....he was down-state working on my bus on Saturday, and his next stop was with Sage who lives in T.C.....which isn't too far from elk rapids (i've done some hiking up in that area).

Cheers,
Mike
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

upnorthman
Getting Hooked!

Post by upnorthman » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:47 pm

Troll,
Love the name =D> I have spent a sig. amount of time in the u.p. and the troll statement is so true!! Yah I'm a troll as well. I though the sage would be on this forum by now......
1976 Sage Green Westy
F.I. with Hyd lifters
Rebuilt once....Miles?

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:26 pm

Thanks. I had to explain my screen name to Colin...explained the story, and told him not to feel bad about not knowing what it meant, as it is a "Michigan" thing.
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:31 pm

Anyone want to do a Westy hook up in Ironwood near the end of the month?

upnorthman
Getting Hooked!

Post by upnorthman » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:31 pm

Man I would love to go up there! People to visit... I think I may have full weekends for a while but we should try for a meet up there in the future!

Ah Ironwood one of the few places in the world where you can see the Banded Iron Formations. Just ask me I am full of needless information.
1976 Sage Green Westy
F.I. with Hyd lifters
Rebuilt once....Miles?

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:39 pm

A little get to gether in the UP sounds fun, but my weekends until the end of august are full as well. Any chance we could meet somewhere in the middle of the UP maybe in Sept or early Oct? Ironwood is a bit of a drive for us Trolls from downstate (I live just outside the Dirty "D"). I know of a really nice state campground in Germfask.

Cheers,
Mike
1976 VW Bus aka tripod

VWBusrepairman
IAC Addict!

Post by VWBusrepairman » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:51 pm

Hello kind folks of this new forum--you may remember me from some where! I can say that I spotted the same blue/ white bus last evening and convinced him (Colin the Great in my mind) to stay until today. No, we didn't repair anything; we talked about this new forum and how it seems to be growing.

Good luck with this new format and keep bussin'!

p.s. who is VWBusrepairman? Is this another imposter? Well, drink beer and listen to metal!

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:54 pm

Hey Ryan - glad to see you came over to the electric green kool-aid side :) (I was giving Colin a hard time about the color scheme...it's kinda startin' to grow on me though)

Cheers,
Mike
1976 VW Bus aka tripod

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:01 pm

TrollFromDownBelow wrote: glad to see you came over to the electric green kool-aid side :)
it's kinda startin' to grow on me though)
Cheers,
Mike
ha ha ha ha ha.....ha ha HA HA HAHAHAHA!!
My Jim Jones plan is kicking in :-$
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

VWBusrepairman
IAC Addict!

Post by VWBusrepairman » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:22 am

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:Hey Ryan - glad to see you came over to the electric green kool-aid side :) (I was giving Colin a hard time about the color scheme...it's kinda startin' to grow on me though)

Cheers,
Mike
thank you, good to see you all here. I feel like I don't have to only discuss something technical. Oops, in keeping this technical, Colin adjusted his valves in the driveway yesterday morning on his towel. I don't believe I've ever seen anyone do this procedure that quickly before. (how did he re-use the valve cover gaskets and have no leaks? 8-[ )

you guys are the best! Long live Itinerant Air-Cooled!

Bob D.
Getting Hooked!

Post by Bob D. » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:15 pm

I haven't driven my bus in so long I can't even remember enough to ask anything technical. 8-[

Colin arrives this Sunday to try to help me revive my bus and get it humming again. It has run only 2 or 3 times since September, 2005 thanks to my usual crummy health issues that prevented me from driving it. I am guilt ridden thinking of the year-old oil, but at least I did put Stabil in the gas.

Great to be on this forum, and anybody with some positive VW vibes to spare, please send them my way to help us get my old beauty running well again. I'd love to see it driving rather than sitting. \:D/
1978 7-Passenger Bus
37k miles
SOLD

VWBusrepairman
IAC Addict!

Post by VWBusrepairman » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:44 pm

Bob D. wrote: Great to be on this forum, and anybody with some positive VW vibes to spare, please send them my way to help us get my old beauty running well again. I'd love to see it driving rather than sitting. \:D/
Why don't I just come and take it for a spin to Bloomington. O:)

bedubs veedub
I'm New!

Post by bedubs veedub » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:48 pm

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:Hey Ryan - glad to see you came over to the electric green kool-aid side :) (I was giving Colin a hard time about the color scheme...it's kinda startin' to grow on me though)

Cheers,
Mike
it reminds me of the slime from nickelodeon..

what was it that they said to get slimed?
73 Westy Campmobile