Bus on Bus picture & back from camping trip

Bus, Microbus, Transporter, Station Wagon, Vanagon, Camper, Pick-Up.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

amishman
Addicted!

Bus on Bus picture & back from camping trip

Post by amishman » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:11 am

Back from our week+ camping in the redwoods. Had a nice time other than on day one blew my water pump on the Syncro up in Ashland Oregon. Found a place in Medord Oregon that could work me into their busy schedule and said they knew about Vanagons so got towed there and they confirmed my pump was bad and was able to order one that day. Part came in Monday so $450 repair later and $300 Rent-A-Minivan charge to keep us on vacation for the weekend, I picked the syncro up Monday night. Blowing the water pump put a little damper on vacation but at least it was on day one and we were cable to limp by using a minivan. Was a sight to see switching all gear from the Syncro to the Minivan and then back again on Monday. We had our workout but it all went OK. Redwoods are wonderful as normal. I have a few pictures on my http://www.vwhippie.com web site if you want to check them out.

Saw this at Grizzly Creek State Park on Highway 36 in California. We stayed there one night during out redwoods summer vacation and thought all you Vanagon lovers would like to see this. A Vanagon mounted to a bus. Looks like this family was staying a while at this park as he had satellite dish all setup. He probably lives in this ride. Summer of love baby! hehehe :lol:

I posted a few pictures of our trip on my web site if you want to check that out. Link is at bottom right of page labeled summer 2006 camping if you want to check them out. Just a couple pictures but the Smith River is sure nice up in northern California.

tj

--------------------------------------------------
"As smart as I can be, the dumber I can become."

tj (the amishman)

Visit my web site if you can.
http://www.vwhippie.com

Come see more pictures and videos of my rides at!
http://www.flixya.com/user/amishman

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:52 pm

:cyclopsani:

NOW THAT'S HEADROOM!!
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:33 pm

Why??? O' WHY???? How long will buses continue to be grafted to the roofs of schoolbuses???? Is there no sense in the world???
Dr. Smith: Oh the pain, the pain....

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:44 pm

Is that like the kids room up there?

amishman
Addicted!

Post by amishman » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:54 pm

chitwnvw wrote:Is that like the kids room up there?
I was going to introduce myself to check things out but never did. Arrived late and left early.

tj

tj (the amishman)

vwlover77
IAC Addict!

Post by vwlover77 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:21 pm

hambone wrote:Why??? O' WHY???? How long will buses continue to be grafted to the roofs of schoolbuses???? Is there no sense in the world???
Dr. Smith: Oh the pain, the pain....
Bubble-headed boobies, they are, :cyclopsani: handsome pretty handsome Doctor Smith!!! :geek:
Don

---------------------------
78 Westy
71 Super Beetle Convertible Autostick

"When we let our compassion go, we let go of whatever claim we have to the divine." - Bruce Springsteen

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Re: Bus on Bus picture & back from camping trip

Post by LiveonJG » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:31 pm

amishman wrote:blew my water pump
All that trouble just because your sink didn't work? :yawinkle:
-John
Keep it acoustic.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:56 am

Saw this thing next to Ocean Beach in SF yesterday. Took a pic with a camera phone, now i need to figure out how to email it to myself.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

amishman
Addicted!

Post by amishman » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:19 am

DjEep wrote:Saw this thing next to Ocean Beach in SF yesterday. Took a pic with a camera phone, now i need to figure out how to email it to myself.
He must be on his way down the coast. When I took the picture, he was in nor cal up on 36 at Grizzly State Park.

tj

tj (the amishman)

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:41 am

there is a badass one (hambone might disagree) in a storage lot in santa cruz that has two splitties back-to-back on top, with cushy lounging areas inside of them, working cargo doors w/ balconies, and cool tree-like ladders to get up into them from the lower level. Saw it on for sale on cL a while back, don't know what the deal is now.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

static
IAC Addict!

Post by static » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:48 am

Me thinks that the topic title "Bus on Bus picture" conjurs up some sort of unhealthy auto-erotic fantasy by a Type 2 enthusiast.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:51 am

:3some: dirty, dirty boy...

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:59 pm

static wrote:Me thinks that the topic title "Bus on Bus picture" conjurs up some sort of unhealthy auto-erotic fantasy by a Type 2 enthusiast.
That is sick and twisted! But I thought the same thing too. :evil4:
-John
Keep it acoustic.