Door Seals

Bus, Microbus, Transporter, Station Wagon, Vanagon, Camper, Pick-Up.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:42 am

Mine doesn't leak thanks to a "homemade" seal of weird tape and some sort of silicone like goo, bonded to the original rubber. Looks kind of crappy but works. It's taken me 3 years to remove most of the other P.O. "fixes", boy he sure had some crazy ideas in order to save a nickel. Most of them did not work. He actually fabricated a strange cloth and wood framed divider between the front and rear, separated by a door made of thick paperboard. It didn't look bad, just extremely odd. And huge speaker cabinets were mounted behind the divider, of course only held on by a couple tiny sheet metal screws, can you say "decapitation"?? Those were the first to go.

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:40 am

Some kind of wall or curtain behind the front seats is common here in New England. Keeps all the heat up front.

Bill

Randy in Maine
IAC Addict!

Post by Randy in Maine » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:01 am

vdubyah73 wrote:Front vents closed but leaking, no seals . Ok that is on my good heat to do list any way. I'll give that a try. Was just gonna try hardware store weather strip on it.

Bill

Bill I used some 1/2" thick foam from Home Depot that fixed it. It was actually some of that interlocking foam that you stand on when using your table saw in the winter. I cleaned, lubricatted, and re-painted all of that in there since I was there. No leakage now.
79 VW Bus