Friends Don't Let Friends Pick Up Parts Cars Alone....

Bus, Microbus, Transporter, Station Wagon, Vanagon, Camper, Pick-Up.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

vwlover77
IAC Addict!

Friends Don't Let Friends Pick Up Parts Cars Alone....

Post by vwlover77 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:05 am

Not a VW Bus story, but it could be..... A very good friend of mine "revived" his 1994 Dodge Shadow V6 5-speed (a sleeper if there ever was one!) for his 16-year-old daughter a few months ago with a top-end engine rebuild and rust and body repair. They did a lot of the project together. Well, she got run off the road just two doors down from their house a couple of weeks back and hit a fire hydrant which did a lot of suspension damage to the right-front of the car. He would have junked it had it not been for all of the recent work to re-do it.

As luck would have it, he found another Shadow identical to his right down to the color on eBay in eastern New Jersey. It has engine problems, so he snagged it for $250.

So, this Saturday morning at 5:00AM, we'll be hitting the road for a marathon drive from NE Ohio to Jersey to put it on a dolly and drag it home behind his Durango. We hope to be sleeping in our own beds Saturday night, so wish us good luck and godspeed!!!!

He promises me if I ever find a Bus for sale that requires a road-trip and/or drag-home, he'll be there with his Durango. What better payback could I ask for??? :cheers:
Don

---------------------------
78 Westy
71 Super Beetle Convertible Autostick

"When we let our compassion go, we let go of whatever claim we have to the divine." - Bruce Springsteen

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:34 pm

That is good Ju-Ju right there....pray for a barn find :compress:
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"