Get together while Colin is in Portland?

Bus, Microbus, Transporter, Station Wagon, Vanagon, Camper, Pick-Up.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Get together while Colin is in Portland?

Post by Westy78 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:50 pm

Colin will be here for the next few days and I was thinking about a get together with the locals at our favorite watering hole, Lucky Lab brewery. Monday night the 11th works best for Colin. What works best for the majority of P-town locals that might want to join us?
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Post by IFBwax » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:48 pm

I can't go Monday.. but Sunday is good for me. I know I'm the exception so don't change plans for me!!!
The best navigators aren't sure where they're going until they get there. And then they're still not sure.

Frank Bama

http://www.partypickle.blogspot.com

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:10 pm

IFBwax wrote:I can't go Monday.. but Sunday is good for me. I know I'm the exception so don't change plans for me!!!
Not so fast. . . How about Friday night the 8th? We need to alert Axolx, Ruckman101, Bookwus? PHJ, who am I missing?
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Post by IFBwax » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:23 pm

TRISTESSA!!! and Hambone and Emily's Owner.. and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting. But alas I can't do Friday night either. Drink a few for me!!!!
The best navigators aren't sure where they're going until they get there. And then they're still not sure.

Frank Bama

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:32 pm

Yaaah, this is like herding cats. If I do Saturday night, I still have to drive to Maupin for 9:00AM start.

Let's generate a consensus. . .
Colin

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

Post by tristessa » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:31 pm

For me, Friday works, Saturday works, Sunday works (tho we'd all have to carabus or bus-pool to Maupin), Monday works ... Heck, even tomorrow (Thursday) works for me, but I know that's kinda short notice for everyone. :lol:

Patricia's in Taiwan and Beatrix (her '72) is being babysat in Washington with some friends of hers.

edit: ack. Sluggo, can we get the "lol" emoticon like TS has? I find it to be far more useful than, say, a spinning smiley.

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Post by IFBwax » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:34 pm

Thursday or Sunday works for me. I have a wedding on Saturday. But Thursday depends on whether Colin thinks we'll be done with my buses by a reasonable hour. WE have no engine tear downs or major projects (I hope). But whenever you want to do it is fine with me... even if I can't make it.

Frank Bama

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:30 pm

Thursday and Friday are right out, Saturday perhaps as early as 7 pm, Sunday maybe as early as 6 or 8 pm, couple hours to comp, Monday no issues. I even promise not to bring a camera. Well, maybe a still camera.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

tristessa

Post by tristessa » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:11 am

IFBwax wrote:I have a wedding on Saturday.
What, you're getting married again? What does Michelle think of the new wife?

:cyclopsani: :joker:

PDX_Hops
Getting Hooked!

Post by PDX_Hops » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:32 am

Count me in for Monday. I hadn't meant to wait this long before I made it back down to the Lab!
'76 Westy Weekender- "Fran"

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:20 pm

I'm going to have to say Monday for me. . . . Bookwus? You here? I need my 19mm SK wrench we used to adjust your steering box. Lucky Lab, or somewhere?
Colin
(hambone? visit? tristessa visit to Squareback nirvana? Westy78, swing through chat?? PM me. . .)

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:54 pm

Any day is good for me. I've no plans 'till I hit the road for a week next Friday. How's that for help narrowing it down? :geek: And of course I'll be at the Lab Monday evening regardless.
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

tristessa

Post by tristessa » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:56 pm

Amskeptic wrote:I'm going to have to say Monday for me. . . .
Well, that settles it then. Wayne, you're gonna have to call in sick on Monday. The doctor gave you a prescription for dihydrogen monoxide and told you to stay home for 24 hours while it works through your system. :cyclopsani:
Amskeptic wrote:tristessa visit to Squareback nirvana?

.. DDB shop? Hm .. hafta see what can be worked out since I'm not "working" there anymore. Still, as long as Martin & co are there there's nothing keeping us from just dropping in.

Bookwus
IAC Addict!

Post by Bookwus » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:12 pm

Hiya Colin,

Hmmmmm.............the wrench was wrapped in a towel which was on the floor of the pass thru. So, I've got it!

As of now, I dunno if I can make the Lucky Lab on Monday night for a wrench handoff. I won't have next week's work schedule until Saturday. But if the past couple of weeks are any indicator, I've been stuck with the 1:00 to 9:00 shift. I'm not optimistic that my schedule for next week will be any better than that.

How about an alternative handoff, just in case? I am off all day tomorrow (Friday the 8th) and can arrange to meet you anywhere in the metro area. Sound like a possible?

Mike

1970 Bus - The Ruptured Duck

Bookwus
IAC Addict!

Post by Bookwus » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:30 am

Hiya Colin,

Friday am 9:30.

I'll check in here every couple of hours. So, if you can meet up today give me a couple of hours head start and I'll see you wherever at your convenience.

Mike

1970 Bus - The Copper Conundrum