Bay Area Get Together 9-16 7pm

Bus, Microbus, Transporter, Station Wagon, Vanagon, Camper, Pick-Up.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

covelo
Old School!

Bay Area Get Together 9-16 7pm

Post by covelo » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:55 pm

(Sorry for the cross-posting, but I wasn't sure people would see this in the IAC Itinerary section).

Colin will be coming through the Bay Area on September 16. He won't be spending much time here, since he taught us too well how to take care of our buses =D>. But we want to use the opportunity to have another beer and pizza party for all Bay Area bus owners and IAC members. I am looking for suggestions for a place to have this event, although I would also be happy with last year's venue: North Beach Pizza on University in Berkeley.

So please hold this time on your calendars and let us know if you have suggestions for a different location. It must have beer and parking and be not too expensive or touristy.
‘80 Vanagon Westfalia - 54,400 miles
'91 Toyota Pickup (4WD long bed) - 199,960 miles
1987 Alfa Spider Veloce - 166,400 miles
2017 VW E-Golf - 5,600 miles

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Bay Area Get Together 9-16 7pm

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:05 pm

covelo wrote: (Sorry for the cross-posting, but I wasn't sure people would see this in the IAC Itinerary section).
Then let's give a plug for the Itinerary Forum:
"Hey folks, the travel itinerary and occasional road notes are at the Itinerary Forum. The Itinerary Forum. Because you care about your family."
covelo wrote: Colin will be coming through the Bay Area on September 16.
we want to use the opportunity to have another beer and pizza party for all Bay Area bus owners and IAC members. I am looking for suggestions for a place to have this event, although I would also be happy with last year's venue: North Beach Pizza on University in Berkeley.
It was good pizza. But I am happy to stop wherever might be convenient, not so much for the most number of people, but for the most transportation-challenged people who really want to be there.
Colin
(p.s. do not be concerned about cross-posting individually composed community-based information. . . . it is easy to distinguish, so easy an IDIOT could . . . never mind :pukeleft: )
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:54 pm

Hay I hope where ever you folks meet, the person that took the pictures last year is there. The great ones taken at ground level. Sorry I don,t remember who it was, but they were very artsy and interesting. Look forward to you all sharing.

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:38 pm

Damn! Wish I could be there. ::d-cry::
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------

covelo
Old School!

Post by covelo » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:32 pm

Elwood wrote:Hay I hope where ever you folks meet, the person that took the pictures last year is there. The great ones taken at ground level. Sorry I don,t remember who it was, but they were very artsy and interesting. Look forward to you all sharing.
That was Bob (one of the founding members of the Campmobile Liberation Front and a very talented photographer). You guys from the south should drive up and we could meet in Santa Cruz or Monterey.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:48 pm

I will be there, wherever it ends up. I wish It could be in SC, because I discovered 99 Bottles of Beer today, a bar that has, well 99 different types of beer!
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

sailorkh
Addicted!

Post by sailorkh » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:22 am

North Beach was nice, but last time we did this it was a Friday and that location was convenient...maybe this time we could have a BBQ at the beach or a park.

Any ideals??
Kris
1971 Deluxe "Ole blue"
1978 Westfalia "Gretchen"
1966 Cal40 "Viva"

jberger
Getting Hooked!

Post by jberger » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:56 am

How about CLF Central?? Friendly garage... no help pushing you out...

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:55 am

Parking a bunch of busses in NB sounds a little impractical. My vote goes for the beach,park, or J's...
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

sailorkh
Addicted!

Post by sailorkh » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:04 pm

jberger wrote:How about CLF Central?? Friendly garage... no help pushing you out...
This sounds like a great ideal =D>
Kris
1971 Deluxe "Ole blue"
1978 Westfalia "Gretchen"
1966 Cal40 "Viva"

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:31 pm

CFL-BBQ Roger that.
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

static
IAC Addict!

Post by static » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:31 pm

Parking a bunch of busses in NB sounds a little impractical.
Good heavens, Man! It most certainly would be!

However, the location is not actually in North Beach, San Francisco, it is only named North Beach Pizza. The advantage was that there was plenty of parking, the pizza was good and they treated us well. Given the choice, I would suggest that we meet there again this year. I do realize that it is a pain for the Pacifica gangsters to make it to the East Bay on a Friday night.

On the other hand, being that I am a supreme cheapskate. I would rather that we meet in some central, free parking lot (such as a 'Park & Ride').

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:33 pm

er...CLF that is (not CFL: Canadian Football league)
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

covelo
Old School!

Post by covelo » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:34 pm

jberger wrote:How about CLF Central?? Friendly garage... no help pushing you out...
I agree. Let's do that! Jberger has a great setup and with a little luck we'll have one of those balmy September evenings in Pacifica. (Although with Colin's luck it will be in the low 50s with a 25 knot sea breeze). The challenge will be to enjoy the beer and not to drop a few engines just for the hell of it.

static
IAC Addict!

Post by static » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:44 pm

How about Treasure Island?