What year had original safari windows?

Bus, Microbus, Transporter, Station Wagon, Vanagon, Camper, Pick-Up.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Elwood
IAC Addict!

What year had original safari windows?

Post by Elwood » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:57 am

Im going to be doing a cleanup of a '64 standard kombi and want to trick it a bit for my grandsons. No lowering or changing original paint , but making it "cool" to keep the interest. Any ideas???

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: What year had original safari windows?

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:15 pm

Elwood wrote: making it "cool" to keep the interest. Any ideas???
Let their interest develop naturally. If it is there, they will come. If not. . .
If you jazz it up, that might hide their real feelings for it. My favorite experience with a car was my first, a '68 chalky red Squareback that only needed to exist (barely running) for me to love it.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:10 pm

Thanks Colin for that advice. I think you are right, sadly for me my grandsons are in Scottsdale, Ari. and don,t get to see them much, but they do know about Elwood from birth and it has been my dream to get another bus to be keeper for them, along with a Pez collection :flower:

Never had a brother and was Daddy's tom boy growing up learning about cars, tractors and such. My first car was a '46 Ford coop I raced "Powder Puff" at Orange County Airport.

Thanks for this site to add such things! It adds to the tapistry of who we are, and why we Love our air-cooled so much.

Barb