82 vanagon full throttle enrichment switch

Bus, Microbus, Transporter, Station Wagon, Vanagon, Camper, Pick-Up.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Mountainhide
I'm New!

82 vanagon full throttle enrichment switch

Post by Mountainhide » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:56 pm

Working on my 82 vanagon. I was wondering if any one knows what voltage should be at the full throttle enrichment switch? Should that be present all the time?

Thanks

MountainPrana
Getting Hooked!

Re: 82 vanagon full throttle positioning switch

Post by MountainPrana » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:12 pm

Mountainhide wrote:Working on my 82 vanagon. I was wondering if any one knows what voltage should be at the full throttle positioning switch? Should that be present all the time?

Thanks

Are you talking about the Full Throttle Enrichment Switch? If so one check according to the AFC FI Training Manual is to remove wires from the switch and attach Ohm meter test leads. When switch is open (not full throttle) Ohm reading should be 0. With switch closed (full throttle, little metal tab pushing in button) Ohm reading should be infinity. Hope that helps!

Tim

Mountainhide
I'm New!

Re: 82 vanagon full throttle enrichment switch

Post by Mountainhide » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:31 pm

I did all those tests with my Simpson 260 meter. I need to know if the voltage is present at the switch all the time and Wharton is that voltage.

luftvagon
Old School!

Post by luftvagon » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:57 am

Thats a ground switch. Should be no voltage on it.
1981 Volkswagen Vanagon Westfalia - air-cooled Type4 1970cc CV (hydraulic lifters, 42x36 valves, stock cam, microSquirt FI with wasted spark ignition)
1993 Ford F-250 XL LWB Extended Cab 7.3L IDI

Mountainhide
I'm New!

Post by Mountainhide » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:32 pm

Found that at 2800 rpm's your battery voltage on terminal 8 of the fuel enrichment relay which then goes to your full throttle enrichment switch which then goes to your ECU board to give added fuel to the injectors. So that is not my problem. Next I will be looking into vacumm leaks and or grounds. Always something