not the dreamcruise this year...

Bus, Microbus, Transporter, Station Wagon, Vanagon, Camper, Pick-Up.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

not the dreamcruise this year...

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:52 pm

My good friend texted me earlier this week to see if he could borrow the bus to take his kids camping. Mind you, he's expressed this interest for several years...probably five at least. However, never had it running consistently enough to allow my conscience to let him and two small kids to take it camping. Last two years, finally, got it running reliably enough where I felt comfortable loaning it to him. I was overjoyed that the opportunity had finally come! He and his soul mate Vikki, came over last night and I gave them the grand tour. They were absolutely positively giddy when they took it out for a test drive. I am so stoked that they will be making memories in the bus!

All is quiet, no texts, so figured they made it safe and sound.

I want to rebuild those heads, but dang it, I hate to disturb a really good running engine.
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

MountainPrana
Getting Hooked!

Re: not the dreamcruise this year...

Post by MountainPrana » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:07 pm

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:They were absolutely positively giddy when they took it out for a test drive. I am so stoked that they will be making memories in the bus!

All is quiet, no texts, so figured they made it safe and sound.

Did you hear from your friends yet? Molly is really good at letting friends borrow the truck to move or do whatever people need with a truck, they are always so grateful. One of these days I'll have Odyssa running good enough to feel comfortable letting her out of my sight :drunken:
Tim

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:23 pm

Yes! They were only gone for a weekend; he called me Sunday afternoon, and I immediately answered "Where are you stranded?" He laughed and said the bus ran perfect, just wanted to know if they could return it. Said they got all kinds of attention, and his daughter loved hanging out in the top bunk.

Oh, and on the truck thing....I've (almost) always had a truck in the fleet; learned about 15 years ago to say yes! I have a truck! and you are more than welcome to borrow it - sorry I can't help move your refrigerator/sheet rock/furniture/big effin' heavy thing, I have plans, but help yourself to the keys. :)
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

MountainPrana
Getting Hooked!

Post by MountainPrana » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:23 pm

Glad to hear it went well! I think it speaks volumes to a well running vehicle when someone who doesn't know all the little quirky work arounds can go off for a weekend and not have any issues!

Tim