Getting Wet

Bus, Microbus, Transporter, Station Wagon, Vanagon, Camper, Pick-Up.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

sped372
IAC Addict!

Re: Getting Wet

Post by sped372 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:00 pm

VWinVT wrote:Oh, it will. Our kids were similar ages last summer and it was much tougher. This past summer was a HUGE improvement. Our oldest loved to roast marshmallows, and build the fire and help pack the 'bus' and.....well U get the idea. Best thing I ever did was buy our Westy. BTW, we have the same wood floor that u have, makes keeping it clean a breeze!
Good to know! We made it work with a tent and the '70 but it wasn't ideal. I think once we accepted the fact that kids would outgrow the cots eventually we knew we had to do something.
1971 Karmann Ghia - 1600 DP
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX

weisswurst
Addicted!

Post by weisswurst » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:46 am

sped372 wrote:Image

Small crease on the nose, and guessing the aftermarket bumpers and grille will be returned to stock eventually, but everything else is in next-to-new original condition. Excited about the prospects of camping with two 'real' beds... seriously it feels like a mansion in there!
Those are "go westy" bumpers, (very nice btw) and that is a South African Vanagon grille kit with the extra lights.
The previous owners had some cash to spend it seems! I have an extra rectangular grille if you would like it (for free of course)
but I would keep that one it's much nicer I think! I've been thinking about getting one for the Weisswurst here.
Have fun!
-Jeff
"I drink, therefore yes ma'am..."

sped372
IAC Addict!

Post by sped372 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:57 pm

Much appreciated! I think we will live with them for awhile to make sure we truly want a change. I think the emblem will go chrome at least though. Other priorities first, unfortunately...

Uh oh!
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=12754
1971 Karmann Ghia - 1600 DP
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX