First start of the season....

Bus, Microbus, Transporter, Station Wagon, Vanagon, Camper, Pick-Up.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

First start of the season....

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:35 pm

Any of you folks familiar with the Da' Yoopers Song Rusty Chevrolet? Below is a youtube video - rather comical....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50IgzksUqpQ

Anyhooo ... first start of the season always reminds me of the intro to the song "C'mon, C'mon, C'mon!....crank crank crank...

Fired her up to day, she's idling as we speak. Might take her to work tomorrow.
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Re: First start of the season....

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:53 am

Took her to work today - nice 35 mile expressway jaunt - kept her right around 70mph (closer to 63-65 real speed). Boy did she run smooth. Funny thing is, it seems like the leaky exhaust (have a broken stud boss) has taken a 'set'. When I checked the exhaust stud bolts at the end of the season last year, they all were still tight, and the exhaust leak has gotten quieter, a little noisy when i first fire her up in the am, but when I parked after getting to work and went behind to listed, she was purring like a kitten.

I need to replace the heads, and was going to do all the fuel lines at the same time (guilty as charged, haven't replaced them). However, as new heads aren't in the budget this year, I'm thinking I will go ahead and do that and give her a new set of shoes...maybe do some camping this year.
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:26 am

TrollFromDownBelow wrote: Took her to work today - did she run smooth.
seems like the leaky exhaust (have a broken stud boss) has taken a 'set'.
Homeostasis . . . respect it.
ColinEGRDayIsToday
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:41 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Homeostasis . . . respect it.
ColinEGRDayIsToday
Heck Yeah! Especially if it means I can use it more than just an occasional drive to work, and to the Dream Cruise. Slap some new shoes on her, replace the fuel lines, and do some Michigan camping. I am kinda bummed that the heads need to be replaced b/c of structural issues (stud boss on one, unruly time cert in the other that still holds hostage the very same used spark plug we cleaned up, and shoved back in 15k miles ago).
1976 VW Bus aka tripod