Pre heat ideas

Bus, Microbus, Transporter, Station Wagon, Vanagon, Camper, Pick-Up.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

72Hardtop
Old School!

Re: Pre heat ideas

Post by 72Hardtop » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:52 am

Nice Colin, it's all coming back to me. I just couldn't remember whether it was electrically ran or vacuum (T-stat). It does not appear that it would be very difficult at all to adapt the T-stat section onto the above closed system I found (above) I still have the pre heat duct and in place as well as the circular fitting in the engine compartment. All I did was cover the hole behind the circular fitting with a piece of tin which could easily be removed.

As for vacuum. I already have #3 tapped for brake booster. I could adapt a dual fitting allowing for two lines (1) for brake booster and the other for the (2) T-stat.

Was surprised to find someone offering a set-up for baywindow with aftermarket duals. But that price is overboard given I know what it actually cost for the parts to put it together. Now if we could just get someone to 3-D print one out...Anyone have some contacts at any local universities/college looking for a project??? can use my Baywindow as the test piece for R&D :study:
1972 Westy tintop
2056cc T-4 - 7.8:1 CR
Weber 40mm Duals - 47.5idles, 125mains, F11 tubes, 190 Air corr., 28mm Vents
96mm AA Biral P/C's w/Hastings rings
42x36mm Heads (AMC- Headflow Masters) w/Porsche swivel adjusters
71mm Stroke
Web Cam 73 w/matched Web lifters
S&S 4-1 exhaust w/Walker 17862 quiet-pack
Pertronix SVDA w/Pertronix module & Flamethrower 40K coil (7* initial 28* total @3200+)
NGK BP6ET plugs
002 3 rib trans
Hankook 185R14's

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Pre heat ideas

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:59 am

72Hardtop wrote: Was surprised to find someone offering a set-up for baywindow with aftermarket duals. But that price is overboard given I know what it actually cost for the parts to put it together.
Custom fabbed plastic for a very limited market, sounds about right. It is overboard for someone like me who is not in a hurry and enjoys the factory Solexes.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles