No busses here either...

Bus, Microbus, Transporter, Station Wagon, Vanagon, Camper, Pick-Up.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

drober23
Addicted!

No busses here either...

Post by drober23 » Wed May 01, 2013 10:44 pm

I'm in India for work this week. My poor digestive system has been stretched past its limits already.

I haven't seen any busses here, but these look like mini-busses

http://www.marutiomni.com/
DJ

'75 Westfalia, '79 Deluxe
(plus more busses than sense)

In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey

chachi
Old School!

Re: No busses here either...

Post by chachi » Fri May 03, 2013 6:33 am

1974 transporter panel, 2.0 dual solex
1991 vanagon NAHT, RJE 2.3

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Fri May 03, 2013 7:41 am

You should be fine IF you don't drink the damn chai tea with raw milk! That nearly killed me twice when I was there in 08 for 6 weeks. Of course everywhere you go people offer chai to you and its rude not to drink it but ask for a Coke.
I never saw any VW buses either and I never drove there, heck just crossing the super busy streets is hard.
Yeah, where in India are you? Eat the food there as its amazing even at the street stands as long as its cooked in front of you.
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Fri May 03, 2013 7:49 am

You should be fine IF you don't drink the damn chai tea with raw milk! That nearly killed me twice when I was there in 08 for 6 weeks. Of course everywhere you go people offer chai to you and its rude not to drink it but ask for a Coke.
I never saw any VW buses either and I never drove there, heck just crossing the super busy streets is hard.
Yeah, where in India are you? Eat the food there as its amazing even at the street stands as long as its cooked in front of you.
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

Post by tristessa » Fri May 03, 2013 11:00 am

Ill keep an eye out for busses in Germany (outside the Autostadt) and Helsinki. I'll look in Estonia too but don't expect to see any there...
Remember, only YOU can prevent narcissism!

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Fri May 03, 2013 12:24 pm

tristessa wrote:Ill keep an eye out for busses in Germany (outside the Autostadt) and Helsinki. I'll look in Estonia too but don't expect to see any there...

dont be too sure...i just sold some parts to Murmansk Oblast...so you never know whats out there
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

tristessa

Post by tristessa » Fri May 03, 2013 5:09 pm

dingo wrote:dont be too sure...i just sold some parts to Murmansk Oblast...so you never know whats out there
Oh, I'm not discounting the possibility .. I just don't think the odds are very good. :blackeye:

chachi
Old School!

Post by chachi » Sat May 04, 2013 12:45 pm

1974 transporter panel, 2.0 dual solex
1991 vanagon NAHT, RJE 2.3

drober23
Addicted!

Post by drober23 » Sat May 04, 2013 5:33 pm

I was in Gurgaon, just outside of New Delhi. It was about 105 and sunny every day in the pre-monsoon season. Just got home today, but will go back to India again, maybe in July. Next time will be going to Pune (which is about 50 miles SE of Mumbai). Mumbai is not as hot as New Delhi though.

Food was good. Ate too much one day, and paid for it a little the next but otherwise was fine with the food. Did not try the chai though. Maybe next time.

I like the street vendors that make sweetened drinks on the spot. They have a stack of sugar cane stalks, and a machine that you feed the stalks into which crushes them and squeezes the juice out. Looks cool!
DJ

'75 Westfalia, '79 Deluxe
(plus more busses than sense)

In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Sun May 05, 2013 6:26 am

India, the Afghans love India, hate Pakistan. There are pilots here that learn English by watching Indian movies, no kidding. I got into Chia tea here, and Chia coffee too.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

tristessa

Post by tristessa » Mon May 06, 2013 9:00 am

Haven't seen any Busses yet, only air cooled anything I've spotted was a ratty-looking Citroen 2CV. Did see a couple of Vanagons and a crap load of "Eurovan" Transporters.

Oh, and a big '60s boat of a Cadillac parked near the U-Bahn station. Talk about out-of-place looking...