My Westy Resto Thread

Bus, Microbus, Transporter, Station Wagon, Vanagon, Camper, Pick-Up.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

gmag69
IAC Addict!

Post by gmag69 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:50 pm

soulful66 wrote:Outstanding job!
Best Regards,
John
Thanks John.

I didn't get to do anything tonight. I had to go order a part for my g/f's car. I also had to watch the show for VDubTech's bus. Awesome show. :cheers:
Check out my Westy Resto thread. viewtopic.php?t=2063
bretski wrote:...oh, and we just bombed the moon.

gmag69
IAC Addict!

Post by gmag69 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:25 am

Well I started putting the front together last night and didn't get it all together before dark so I decided to finish it this morning even though my back is killing me.I think my son hurt it when he jumped on me last night.I'll have to go get some pills or something after bit. That is if I can get out of this chair again. :lol:

Anyway I got the front together except for the bumper and the windshield.Here are some pics.

Here is a shot of the side with the rack on. I really need to paint the whole top now.

Hopefully before I go back to work Wednesday night I can get some more done. That's if my back is better.

More to come.

gmag69
IAC Addict!

Post by gmag69 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:14 am

Put the bumper on this morning. It actually looks like a bus again. :lol:

More to come.

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:42 am

Geno, you are an inspiration!

-John
Keep it acoustic.

gmag69
IAC Addict!

Post by gmag69 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:12 pm

Thanks John. I just hope this thread will help someone with their bus. Westy or Transporter. I hope to do another bus in the future. Maybe a splitty this time.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:41 am

gmag69 wrote:Thanks John. I just hope this thread will help someone with their bus. Westy or Transporter. I hope to do another bus in the future. Maybe a splitty this time.
What is happening this week Geno?
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

gmag69
IAC Addict!

Post by gmag69 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:44 pm

Sylvester wrote:
gmag69 wrote:Thanks John. I just hope this thread will help someone with their bus. Westy or Transporter. I hope to do another bus in the future. Maybe a splitty this time.
What is happening this week Geno?
Not to much. My 2 yr. old son jumped on me Sun. night and hurt my back. I'm still nursing it so I can't do much. I plan on cleaning out the front of the bus as soon as I can get around better.I also plan on pulling the wiring harness out of the blue bus and probably put it in.We'll see what happens. I'm going crazy here. I wanna work on it but I'm sore as hell so I can't move to good.I'll get some done soon. :bounce:

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:03 pm

Just take it easy, nature's way of tellin ya to mellow th hell out. Hope yer not in too much pain.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

gmag69
IAC Addict!

Post by gmag69 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:47 pm

hambone wrote:Just take it easy, nature's way of tellin ya to mellow th hell out. Hope yer not in too much pain.
If I set on a chair or up moving I'm not hurting to bad. As soon as I lay down and try to get back up is when it hurts the most. Hopefully it gets better soon. I have to go back to work tomarrow night so I'll have to live with it. Should be ok in a few days. :compress:

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:52 pm

That inside shot looks like the inside of mine most times....disconbobulated
(or is it bibulated)?
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:18 pm

Gypsie wrote:That inside shot looks like the inside of mine most times....disconbobulated
(or is it bibulated)?
Caddy-Whompus? (Don't know if that's hyphenated or not.). Stephan, discombobulated.

-John
Keep it acoustic.

gmag69
IAC Addict!

Post by gmag69 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:44 am

Gypsie wrote:That inside shot looks like the inside of mine most times....disconbobulated
(or is it bibulated)?
:lol: It is a mess. I don't have anywhere else to put the stuff so it has to stay in the bus. Someday I'll have a garage and I won't have to worry about that anymore.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:05 am

gmag69 wrote:
(or is it bibulated)?
:lol: It is a mess. I don't have anywhere else to put the stuff so it has to stay in the bus. Someday I'll have a garage and I won't have to worry about that anymore.
I am the same way, no garage or storage unit either, so all my camping stuff is still in the Bus.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

gmag69
IAC Addict!

Post by gmag69 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:34 pm

Sylvester wrote: I am the same way, no garage or storage unit either, so all my camping stuff is still in the Bus.
I have all my tools and stuff in them plus all my parts from the 74 I cut up and a bunch of other junk. I'm going to have to go through them before the snow flies and get everything sorted and cleaned up. I won't know what do once I get my yard cleaned up. :cheers:

gmag69
IAC Addict!

Post by gmag69 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:32 pm

Well I took the hatch off the blue bus and repainted it today. Here is some pics.
Started with this.

Sanded down.

Primed.

Painted

On the Westy.

I should have let it dry some more before I put it back on cause I put my fingers on the edge of the driver's side and have black marks on it now ](*,)
Hopefully it'll wipe off once it is fully dried.
Next will probably be the slider.
Stay tuned.