tripod is alive again..

Bus, Microbus, Transporter, Station Wagon, Vanagon, Camper, Pick-Up.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

tripod is alive again..

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:44 pm

weekend before the 4th of July my fuel pump decided enough was enough. long story short, towed her 200 miles home. finally found time to replace it. for all you stock natzis out there, cover your ears. With a daughter ready to enter college, etc, etc, etc. wasn't feeling $200+ for an original OEM pump. Bought a 'good' replacement based on a ford ranger. Bought the pump about a month ago, finally found time to replace it today. She fired right up. This engine truly amazes me.
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

luftvagon
Old School!

Re: tripod is alive again..

Post by luftvagon » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:09 pm

congratulations. see my $30 fuel pump page.
1981 Volkswagen Vanagon Westfalia - air-cooled Type4 1970cc CV (hydraulic lifters, 42x36 valves, stock cam, microSquirt FI with wasted spark ignition)
1993 Ford F-250 XL LWB Extended Cab 7.3L IDI

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Re: tripod is alive again..

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:02 pm

Oops. Forgot I posted Sat night ..... Just posted (again) in the fuel directory forum. Sorry about that.

Yes luftwagon, I did read your post, however, unit I bought was $80; I'm expecting (hoping?) to get better results. If not, will let folks know. Oreilly's had their 'precision' brand which was $5 more; had good luck with this brand of parts, only reason I didn't choose it was I thought the bestest unit would fit better; but that turned out not to be the case. More details are posted in the fuel delivery forum.
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::