WTB: idle control unit plugs for 1983 air cooled CA vanagon

All Vanagon Parts

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

83AC
Getting Hooked!

WTB: idle control unit plugs for 1983 air cooled CA vanagon

Post by 83AC » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:44 pm

The wires from the hall unit to the idle control unit plug and from the plug to the harness broke at the base of the plugs. I'm looking for the plugs with some additional wire on them that I can splice into. Currently we have the idle control unit bypassed and the wires soldered together, which works okay, but I'd like to reconnect the unit. Anybody have some from an old parts bus or recommend a yard I can call? I've had luck with Avery's for some parts, but I am willing to try other places.

Thanks,
Anderson
Say what you mean; do what you say.
1983 AC Vanagon camper - Penny Lane

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: WTB: idle control unit plugs for 1983 air cooled CA vanagon

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:12 am

83AC wrote:The wires from the hall unit to the idle control unit plug and from the plug to the harness broke at the base of the plugs. I'm looking for the plugs with some additional wire on them that I can splice into. Currently we have the idle control unit bypassed and the wires soldered together, which works okay, but I'd like to reconnect the unit. Anybody have some from an old parts bus or recommend a yard I can call? I've had luck with Avery's for some parts, but I am willing to try other places.

Thanks,
Anderson
Did you resolve this?
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

83AC
Getting Hooked!

Re: WTB: idle control unit plugs for 1983 air cooled CA vanagon

Post by 83AC » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:08 am

Amskeptic wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:12 am
83AC wrote:The wires from the hall unit to the idle control unit plug and from the plug to the harness broke at the base of the plugs. I'm looking for the plugs with some additional wire on them that I can splice into. Currently we have the idle control unit bypassed and the wires soldered together, which works okay, but I'd like to reconnect the unit. Anybody have some from an old parts bus or recommend a yard I can call? I've had luck with Avery's for some parts, but I am willing to try other places.

Thanks,
Anderson
Did you resolve this?
Nope - I have not resolved this yet . . . Still bypassed.
Preparing to take a long cross country trip and without time as a resource to do some work on my own, I'm going to have to take her into a shop in Portland or locally to get some service done (replacing some bushings, alignment, maybe check on that bucking issue again).
Say what you mean; do what you say.
1983 AC Vanagon camper - Penny Lane