Any other Type III owners?

Fastback, Squareback, Notchback, T-3 Karmann Ghia.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Any other Type III owners?

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:42 am

wcfvw69 wrote:[
Oh, she was also rewarded with a 15 minute conversation on how the whole thing could of been prevented
It is a Topic in itself, the lousy training of new drivers in this country, the sheer ignorance with which people embark on a potentially deadly undertaking as "driving", the horrendous lack of maintaining your composure at the instant that you need your composure . . . glad she got out of it alive. I have seen clothing and toys and shattered glass and blood all over the road with some crap Ford Explorer on its roof because of a rear tire blow-out . . .
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

wcfvw69
Old School!

Re: Any other Type III owners?

Post by wcfvw69 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:45 am

Amskeptic wrote:
wcfvw69 wrote:[
Oh, she was also rewarded with a 15 minute conversation on how the whole thing could've been prevented
It is a Topic in itself, the lousy training of new drivers in this country, the sheer ignorance with which people embark on a potentially deadly undertaking as "driving", the horrendous lack of maintaining your composure at the instant that you need your composure . . . glad she got out of it alive. I have seen clothing and toys and shattered glass and blood all over the road with some crap Ford Explorer on its roof because of a rear tire blow-out . . .
Colin
I totally agree that kids need to have better drivers training before getting their licenses at 16 and then blasting down the road in their parents 2 ton SUV while texting their buddies while driving. We had mandatory high school driver's training back in the late 70's and early 80's before we got our license.

Yea, you had to love good ole Firestone tires. They were crap in the 70's and 80's too.
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.