Libertarian Utopia on the Horizon?

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Libertarian Utopia on the Horizon?

Post by ruckman101 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:06 pm

Wow Steve, your libertarian utopia may be just around the corner.

"Details Magazine has a profile on Thiel, which explains how the entrepreneur has been financially backing an organization called the Seasteading Institute. This institute hopes to start building tiny sovereign nations on oil rig-like platforms, which would be positioned within international waters so that they would be free from the laws, regulations, and moral codes of existing countries.

Details describes these new nations as "a kind of floating petri dish for implementing policies that libertarians, stymied by indifference at the voting booths, have been unable to advance: no welfare, looser building codes, no minimum wage, and few restrictions on weapons.""

http://www.details.com/culture-trends/c ... rentPage=1

I hadn't realized Pay-Pal was originally a libertarian experiment.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Re: Libertarian Utopia on the Horizon?

Post by Sylvester » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:23 pm

t's a vivid, wild-eyed dream—think Burning Man as re imagined by Ayn Rand's John Galt and steered out to sea by Captain Nemo
To be settled by the rich to flee the laws, I bet. Won't be no poor people out there, except to serve the rich.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:05 pm

In my day, we called it anarchy.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:46 am

I smell mixed up propaganda mind changing BS.
What has currently been out at sea?
There are parts of the ocean that do not fall under any country.
This really is very odd, what else can I say but to repeat the question a different way.
When you have a vessel out in the middle of the ocean, what is the law that governs it?
What power has the captain of a ship had over the last 500 years?
People need to be very careful, I think minds are played with like a kids silly puddy.

RSorak 71Westy
IAC Addict!

Post by RSorak 71Westy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:03 am

The article goes on to explain that there's no free (as in unclaimed) land to start and experiment with new government ideas. And this is the solution for that.
Take care,
Rick
Stock 1600 w/dual Solex 34's and header. mildly ported heads and EMPI elephant's feet. SVDA W/pertronix. 73 Thing has been sold. BTW I am a pro wrench have been fixing cars for living for over 30 yrs.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:11 am

It is interesting, it states he helped fund Facebook? I have always suspected Facebook to have roots, or rise to such a big thing due to secret society/International Banking Cartel funding. There is way too much about FB that the rulers would love, besides the obvious information on it's peasantry, there is the lure of the games which even further can get people away from live real interactions. Like TV has gotten people inside the house being programmed by the elite via TV instead of real life interactions, FB takes this even further. I am very suspicious of this guy.