American Income Inequity (good read)

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:00 am

Well, consider me outta the loop on this. I like the debate and I agree with you Velokid, it isn't a partisan issue. It must be one of those advanced track schools which I don't really have an opinion on except that separation of youngsters seems wrong. Now I'm thinking like a true liberal. I guess.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:14 am

I too don't know much about this school or this rule they have. I just know that it's one darn school and their motives seem innocuous enough. And the language used is that permission slips "are available." Not that they are required. Which leads me to believe that they probably aren't stopping Johnny in the middle of the pledge and asking him to provide them with his permission slip.

It just doesn't seem like a big deal to me. I am hoping Bill has some meatier examples of public schools indoctrinating students with values that are strictly liberal.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:58 pm

Bill's opinion is invaluable to this site as a counterweight to the overwhelming consensus. This example may not be the best one but there are plenty of others regarding indoctrination of one kind or another to a leftist agenda. One would be global warming. I personally see it as a fake environmentalists' cause with no sound science to back it, and have stuck to my story, as I should: there is no empirical proof of causation. Yet, the mass media and public education insidiously pushes the myth. Need we bring up the Polar Bears, (recently de-listed as endangered)? Kids eat it up, and it's really sad to see science devalued to that degree. Okay, back to topic. Carry on. Not my interest at the moment.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:10 pm

Your every assessment of people at IAC is colored by your fixation on the global warming issue. If you made a point of ignoring that one issue while logged in here at IAC, you and the entire website would benefit. And I bet you 100 bucks your assessment of everyone other than Bill and Belle Plaine being irrational imbeciles would change a little.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:01 am

How are we supposed to have this bet?

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:16 am

turk wrote:How are we supposed to have this bet?
I suppose it was a silly idea. Your enthusiasm for the actual bet belies the fact that you are more interested in proving your truth than in discovering it.

And the whole thing begs the question: if you truly believe this place is as full of fools as you say, why the heck do you hang out here?

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:56 am

2 things: I'm hardly enthusiastic for your bet, and you have a distorted view of what I believe.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:37 pm

Let's all go outside. It is a beautiful day on Planet Earth. There are issues to be discussed at a later point. The personal stuff is useless.

The dream I had of a forum whose disagreements could be refined and buttressed by the introduction of new sources of information in a way that informed and enlightened all of us, as opposed to the devolution into petty personal tit-for-tat that merely pisses off the readers was just a dream, I guess.
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:03 pm

What world you from? :alien:

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:32 pm

turk wrote:What world you from? :alien:

:flower: La :flower: La :flower: Land :flower:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:40 pm

Hope shines eternal. Easier on a sunny day.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:40 pm

I look back now on the way that I pointed the finger at every asshole in the Rants Thread at TS for being assholes and I realize that I was wrong: it only takes one asshole to turn everyone else into assholes. I don't know what to tell you Colin. I personally find it impossible to abide someone whose intent is malicious. Ban me, I guess. He adheres to the rules just closely enough that it would make you look like an asshole to ban him. He does it not out of regard for other forum members but purely as strategy.

I'm sorry for the role I play in it. But be aware of the fact that he is not.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:47 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
turk wrote:What world you from? :alien:

:flower: La :flower: La :flower: Land :flower:
lol

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:00 pm

Velokid1 wrote:I look back now on the way that I pointed the finger at every asshole in the Rants Thread at TS for being assholes and I realize that I was wrong: it only takes one asshole to turn everyone else into assholes. I don't know what to tell you Colin. I personally find it impossible to abide someone whose intent is malicious. Ban me, I guess. He adheres to the rules just closely enough that it would make you look like an asshole to ban him. He does it not out of regard for other forum members but purely as strategy.

I'm sorry for the role I play in it. But be aware of the fact that he is not.

Greg, I completly agree with you and just this am told a long time member my intent to use the ignor. Im batteling a brain tumor that has me very edgie with my BP and as soon as I see the name , it goes up.

I love this site and have been able to pass by the trouble maker, and even laugh at his strategy, but I do like the counter arguments you and neal offer up. Can,t do it anymore.

Barb
'69 weekender ~ Elwood

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:00 pm

Well g-dammit, thunk it over and ... Colin's right. I'll stop clicking on any climate change threads... And when any other threads are derailed into climate change territory, I will bail on those threads, too. Which should leave me with 2-3 threads per month I can actually participate in, thabks to turk's addiction.

The offenders will go back on my ignore list. Would be great if people could refrain from quoting them every time you make a futile attempt to get thru to them!