Is There a Point?

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:11 am

justgimmecoffee wrote:The point? sssshooot, people have been asking that one forever. Short answer is whatever you want.
Some folks feel the point of life is to have kids, to pass along their beliefs or their genes; or to make as much money or gain as many material possessions as possible; or to control as much land or people as they can.

Everybody is different and they all have different reasons for running in that hamster wheel of life. Gotta do something while we're here.

I dunno, I got nothing.

-Barry

Ya got more than you know.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:36 pm

justgimmecoffee wrote:The point? I dunno, I got nothing.
Me neither. I missed the point. Damn. I was there in line up in Heaven, see, and they were having a Briefing "Earth Duties" or something, and I was talking to somebody "gee, this is going to be fun!" and the Debriefer asked me if I wanted to share what I was whispering, and I said sorry, and the Debriefer asked everybody, "everybody got the point of this?" and I wasn't about to admit that I didn't have a fucking clue. Bam! I am here. Without a clue and what's the point?
ColinThat'sMyExcuseAndI'mStickingToIt
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:53 pm

See? That's the fucking problem. With no point, it's hard to go on. Ya gotta have a THEME if I know my Fantasy Island.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:20 pm

hambone wrote:See? That's the fucking problem. With no point, it's hard to go on. Ya gotta have a THEME if I know my Fantasy Island.
Yaah, cut it out ya pansy.
Try AwFukkit hedonistic self-gratification for ONCE.
There is NO WAY you are going to find IT out if you are so desperate to find a Designer Theme Pretty Point.

Go find a smug self-satisfied All Answers No Questions Santimonious Self-Made Man and let him tell you The Secret To a Successful Life, make sure you spend the entire weekend in all that plush puke.

Then take to the wretched misty rainy campsite in your VW bus and thank God for the truth of dripping leaves. Or go to Vegas and enjoy an evening of a comic having a disaster night of sullen patrons.
Geeze,
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:21 pm

I can hook you up with a comic like that. Otherwise, the point may be raku.

neal

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:42 pm

Boobs have always worked for me.

-John
Keep it acoustic.

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:04 pm

maureen mccormick still trading for coke?

MeyerII
IAC Addict!

Re: Is There a Point?

Post by MeyerII » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:31 am

hambone wrote:To all of this?
I keep hearing "to learn to not be attached to the impermanent (i.e. EVERYTHING) so the real Self can be experienced, the eternal infinite."
It all goes supernova sooner or later. So how do we make sense of the relative reality of life-as-we-know-it and propel our microsecond of human life along positive vibrations? How to give up the sweet sweet peach?
It seems to be that each person's life and perspective is incredibly valid for the perceiver, and he alone. We can NOT judge someone's actions, but we also have murder and bad manners.

A wise man just laughed when asked. "all my years, and if someone knows the point to all of this then I'd sure like to hear it". Boogie street.

I'm tired of all the arguments, they never seem to arrive. Lionel Trains in a circle.
I'm sorry to tell you this: there isn't.

If you have a specific technical issue, there is no better place. But you check in for any other reason at your peril.

Corporations are not people.

Money is not speech.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:08 am

Good point, Meyer.

Or boobs.

MeyerII
IAC Addict!

Post by MeyerII » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:11 pm

Velokid1 wrote:Good point, Meyer.

Or boobs.
Oh yes. Boobs. Definitely.
Corporations are not people.

Money is not speech.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:16 pm

I'm quite fond of boobs.

neal

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:55 pm

boobs not bombs

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:26 am

hambone wrote:See? That's the fucking problem. With no point, it's hard to go on. Ya gotta have a THEME if I know my Fantasy Island.
I really loved this one ^

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:10 pm

I think it's time for a pointy boobie diversion:
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Post by IFBwax » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:29 pm

For me, IT is about the ride. Enjoy it because that's all there may be. (Probably is). I used to think Bob that, that was a depressing thought until you realize that if this is all we have, why not enjoy it?

Religions make you wait and say be good then you can get this... that's really the best thing ever.

My religion is that humans are not much different in the grand scheme of life than ants. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that an ant's life is worth the same as a human's. I'm saying that every creature lives and dies.

It's not a bad thing I think. If you know we're only on this planet for a short period of time, man.. the last thing you want to do is be in a bad mood. At least that's my thoughts. Who wants to get off a roller coaster halfway through. Not me. (Unless you barf of course).

You have to live and eat and buy shit to live day to day on this Earth, but for me, IT is trying to live a good life, help your fellow man, love your family. Everything else is gravy.

I'm still perfecting the religion of Wayne but it took 47 years to get this far.

I forgot to add that when we die, I think it's a lot like going to sleep. You relax and when you pass on you really are not aware of anything anymore. You're just bones. And if we're not aware of being dead, then it can't be that bad.

Live with no regrets. Much easier said than done.. especially day to day.
The best navigators aren't sure where they're going until they get there. And then they're still not sure.

Frank Bama

http://www.partypickle.blogspot.com