Happens Every Day in the land of the free and home of the br

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Re: Happens Every Day in the land of the free and home of th

Post by steve74baywin » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:39 am

Like you said a bit ago, we do agree on somethings. (actually I always thought this, I get taken back when you don't agree, it sorta throws me) I want to comment on each part, it really does hit home with what I feel too.
Velokid1 wrote:we all live in paranoid fear in America today and it colors our socio-political choices, our parenting, what we read or watch on tv everything.
Yes, no doubt, It is what I see when I mention limited gov for the protection of Individ Rights. Everyone is afraid of so much, the biggest deterrent is fear of this, that and what not. It reminds me of how fear was used after 911.
Velokid1 wrote:
We have so little faith in others that we justify treating everyone we meet like assholes. Take that and factor in a job that has a little paranoid fearful human armed to the teeth and feeling empowered and superior while being thrown into often stressful situations and this is what you get.
Take my first comment and add it to this-These cops are put in situations they never should be. ALL THE OVERSTEPPING OF individual rights, all those laws that intrude upon this puts the cops in many more hostile situations.(drug laws) Back years ago every one liked all things police except the actual murderers and thieves. Now, many innocent peaceful people hate the cops, because they are doing more than they are supposed to do. No one likes the inherent right to govern themselves violated, that is like rape to the soul.
Also, another thing that is often used against my limited gov views is a Major lack of faith in others. Of course there is also doublethink too, we all want to help so much that most want this mommy gov, so we must have it. But if we didn't have it, there would be so few of us to help??????
Velokid1 wrote: I'm sorry for this cop's family if he has one but he deserves to have his career ended over this.
Well, in light of the fact that we have way too many police types enforcing way too many wrong laws, I'd say we need a deduction anyway, so who better than someone like him.
Velokid1 wrote:
It's especially telling that as the electricity is coursing through the man's body the cop is saying "don't move!!". But I guess you can't expect a man who is unable to comprehend human rights to understand physics.

Scary, but like I said just a few minutes ago, but now I will say in a different way, there are way too many people that have been effected by something, propaganda, BS education, TV, news etc that it is frightening. I guess what I might be seeing is a great separation in humans. Sure we have many things the same, but, you know they say we evolve in big steps and leaps and that we may be getting close to that. Maybe what we're seeing is this.
The ape is taking a big step forward, but not all apes, some will be left in the original primitive from.