Pelosi's Botox injections finally took their toll

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:40 pm

glasseye wrote:
Robert Berglund wrote: My dear man..where have you been, time to take your head outa the engine compartment and come up for air.
Pick up a New York Times or The Post or at least some kind of news paper.
1) I read the NYT daily. I see no mention of torture saving Los Angeles from airborne terrorism. Please direct me.

2) I drive an Asstro. I have no need of my head inside the engine compartment.
3) No need to respond to the rantings of a effing lunatic.
4) Robert Berglund and steve74baywindow should hang out.
5) I am not going to debate my observations. Sorry.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:45 pm

Robert Berglund wrote:LONG LIVE WATER BOARDING, its saved hundreds of AMERICAN lives.
No surprise here, Robert.
Short on facts, long on speculation, and rife with the sort of hateful ignorant violent self-justifications that has brought shame upon this country.

You will, no doubt, run to your intellectually bankrupt sources for sustenance of your tiny brutal world view, and I thank God Himself that there are not more like you. There is no fact on this Earth that would reach you, and like George Bush Sr and his dispicable use of the "wife and daughter rape" card against Michael Dukakis, youi try to appeal to the basest sort of revenge fantasy to justify your position.

You have not read of the accounts of people inside the FBI and CIA who saw firsthand how our descent into torture did no good, hardened the people we were trying to extract information from, destroyed our credibility as a nation of enlightened values, and cheapened us in the eyes of God, the same God that the prior administration so tediously reminded us they supposedly served.

You are no better than the way you treat others. You are no better than your witless observations about Nancy Pelosi. That you promote violence against people whose guilt has not yet been established makes you as low as the pond scum label you apply against people who merely disagree with you. So yes, you broach a topic regarding torture of SUSPECTS (not yet established as criminals), yet you introduce some hypothetical scenario of "Lets say I know of a scum bag low life who is intent on harming your family...mollesting your daughter and abusing your wife" and all it tells me, Robert, is what is on your mind.

Shame on you. What the hell good is America and its ideals to a person like you? Thundering ignorance is so 2008.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:18 pm

vdubyah73 wrote:
Dennis Blair, the Director of National Intelligence, pointed out that most of what we know about al-Qaeda came from using those techniques on Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and Abu Zubaydah, countering leaks last week from the Obama administration that claimed the methods produced no data:

President Obama’s national intelligence director told colleagues in a private memo last week that the harsh interrogation techniques banned by the White House did produce significant information that helped the nation in its struggle with terrorists.

“High value information came from interrogations in which those methods were used and provided a deeper understanding of the al Qa’ida organization that was attacking this country,” Adm. Dennis C. Blair, the intelligence director, wrote in a memo to his staff last Thursday.

The New York Times, which got a copy of the memo, also notices some odd redactions from the version released by the White House:

Admiral Blair’s assessment that the interrogation methods did produce important information was deleted from a condensed version of his memo released to the media last Thursday. Also deleted was a line in which he empathized with his predecessors who originally approved some of the harsh tactics after the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

“I like to think I would not have approved those methods in the past,” he wrote, “but I do not fault those who made the decisions at that time, and I will absolutely defend those who carried out the interrogations within the orders they were given.”

In other words, the Obama administration covered up the fact that even their own DNI acknowledges that the interrogations produced actionable and critical information.

Here is Blair's conclusion in that very same article which you did not see fit to include in your post. Talk about cherry-picking and redacting. . . :cyclopsani:

“The information gained from these techniques was valuable in some instances, but there is no way of knowing whether the same information could have been obtained through other means,” Admiral Blair said in a written statement issued last night. “The bottom line is these techniques have hurt our image around the world, the damage they have done to our interests far outweighed whatever benefit they gave us and they are not essential to our national security."

Hello.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:51 am

How many years with The Big Lie?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Lie

It's been more than the eight previous. Where is it now? Whose lie is it?

The Bush legacy still punching, their long known family history well known, established, unrefuteably documented as supporters and financial backers of Hitler.

And our President, who knows the taste of government issued pasturized processed food product meant to be cheese-like on his palate as a youth.

Pick your Big Lie. The newbie, or the entrenched.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:31 am

Note : Colin highlighted what he chose to highlighted, taking out of context from the original article. He also deleted where the article came from. I posted the article as it appeared and only highlighted what was highlighted in the original article. See for yourselves.

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/04/22/o ... on-worked/

Is tickling torture?

The gov't should only enforce laws that this forum agrees on ?
1/20/2013 end of an error
never owned a gun. have fired a few.

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:26 am

Am I remembering incorrectly? If I recall there was something about waterboarding only being done at gitmo because of the issue of torture done on US soil and the legal conequences.

There was also a question of the value in waterboarding 266 times and its impact on other detainees you are trying to get information from. 266 times is inspirational to a detainee. Get it?

Robert Berglund
Getting Hooked!

Post by Robert Berglund » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:42 am

vdubyah73 wrote:Note : Colin highlighted what he chose to highlighted, taking out of context from the original article. He also deleted where the article came from. I posted the article as it appeared and only highlighted what was highlighted in the original article. See for yourselves.

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/04/22/o ... on-worked/

Is tickling torture?

The gov't should only enforce laws that this forum agrees on ?

What else would you expect from Colin, except selective hearing and selected verse.

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:11 am

[quote="Robert Berglund"][/quote]

Still waiting, Robert, for a pointer to your story about intercepting terrorist aircraft attacks on LA buildings.

Waiting...
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:31 am

Amskeptic wrote:
Robert Berglund wrote:LONG LIVE WATER BOARDING, its saved hundreds of AMERICAN lives.
No surprise here, Robert.
Short on facts, long on speculation, and rife with the sort of hateful ignorant violent self-justifications that has brought shame upon this country.
:cheers:

Fuck, I wish'd I cud rite like that.

MeyerII
IAC Addict!

Post by MeyerII » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:40 am

Robert Berglund wrote:Nancy Pelosi is a lair
Nancy Pelosi is a liar ...a Botox infected liar of the worse form.
But you are an absolute moron, so the statement sort of cancels itself out.

Corporations are not people.

Money is not speech.

Robert Berglund
Getting Hooked!

Post by Robert Berglund » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:46 am

glasseye wrote:
Robert Berglund wrote:
Still waiting, Robert, for a pointer to your story about intercepting terrorist aircraft attacks on LA buildings.

Waiting...
Well for what its worth .....Im listening to armstrong and getty and they are discussing it as I type.
The channel is 910 AM in the Bay Area, maybe you can get it online.

Last night an independant show was talking about Pelosi lying about not knowing about the interrogations including water boarding and what was discovered from the interrogations. The meeting was conducted years ago.
Her and three other of her ilk were at a secret meeting with Rice when this was being discussed....but she denied being present.

Unfortunally for her (a liar) and fortunately for us (the good guys)
one of the three people at this meeting cant understand why Pelosi says she wasent present at said meeting when she actually was.

Giving Pelosi the benefit of the doubt ..she is very old and might be loosing her mind or her Botox injections have taken their toll or shes just a liar.

Glasseye..it wont matter what you hear or what you read or what you see, your minds made up and nothing is gonna change it.
Have you Googled the subject...maybe youll find something not to believe there

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:57 am

Robert Berglund wrote:Have you Googled the subject...maybe youll find something not to believe there
http://mediamatters.org/items/200904230024

Here you are Robert. Why do I always have to do the heavy lifting around here. Anyway here's that story. What? Its those pesky details again? Oops.

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:05 am

Robert Berglund wrote:
glasseye wrote:
Robert Berglund wrote:

Waiting...

Glasseye..it wont matter what you hear or what you read or what you see, your minds made up and nothing is gonna change it.
So you're getting your facts from a local AM radio station somewhere and I'm expected to find it somehow? That's your proof? You expect me to Google for facts that you declare? Sorry, that's not the way it works.

Here's how it works:

I say something like "The Fossil fuel biz are a bunch of hypocrites"

Then, I provide proof. Like this:

A recent article in the New York Times says:
"For more than a decade the Global Climate Coalition, a group representing industries with profits tied to fossil fuels, led an aggressive lobbying and public relations campaign against the idea that emissions of heat-trapping gases could lead to global warming."

“The role of greenhouse gases in climate change is not well understood,” the coalition said in a scientific “backgrounder” provided to lawmakers and journalists through the early 1990s, adding that “scientists differ” on the issue"

"But a document filed in a federal lawsuit demonstrates that even as the coalition worked to sway opinion, its own scientific and technical experts were advising that the science backing the role of greenhouse gases in global warming could not be refuted."

Then, I provide a link to the original article. Like this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/24/scien ... ml?_r=1&hp

See? It's easy. Incontrovertible fact. Not hearsay. Not "I heard it on a local AM radio talk show". Not "Look it up yourself".

That's the way it works. You provide data, not anecdote. Fact, not crap. Then, people might take you seriously. Until then, you're just noise. :pukeleft:

Cindy
IAC Addict!

Post by Cindy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:06 am

Robert Berglund wrote:
glasseye wrote:
Robert Berglund wrote:

Waiting...
Well for what its worth .....Im listening to armstrong and getty and they are discussing it as I type.
The channel is 910 AM in the Bay Area, maybe you can get it online.

Last night an independant show was talking about Pelosi lying about not knowing about the interrogations including water boarding and what was discovered from the interrogations. The meeting was conducted years ago.
Her and three other of her ilk were at a secret meeting with Rice when this was being discussed....but she denied being present.

Unfortunally for her (a liar) and fortunately for us (the good guys)
one of the three people at this meeting cant understand why Pelosi says she wasent present at said meeting when she actually was.

Giving Pelosi the benefit of the doubt ..she is very old and might be loosing her mind or her Botox injections have taken their toll or shes just a liar.

and here i was wishing i cud write like this.

sorry, robert. those who know me know i couldnt resist.

cindy
“No one can tell what goes on in between the person you were and the person you become. No one can chart that blue and lonely section of hell. There are no maps of the change. You just come out the other side.
Or you don't.” ― Stephen King, The Stand

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:20 am

byproxy wrote:and here i was wishing i cud write like this.cindy
Heh. Me to. :blackeye:

Meanwhile, on the topic of torture, accountability, moral stature and The USA, Academy Award winner... no, sorry, Nobel Prize winner Paul Krugman wrote yesterday:

"Sorry, but what we really should do for the sake of the country is have investigations both of torture and of the march to war. These investigations should, where appropriate, be followed by prosecutions — not out of vindictiveness, but because this is a nation of laws.

We need to do this for the sake of our future. For this isn’t about looking backward, it’s about looking forward — because it’s about reclaiming America’s soul."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/24/opini ... ugman.html