Pelosi's Botox injections finally took their toll

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:55 am

spiffy wrote:Robert Berglund and steve74baywindow should hang out.
=D>

I was thinking the same thing myself. Must be all the extended ellipses "....". For Steve, they were a string of commas ",,,,".

Evil twin perhaps?

I miss steve74baywindow.

Fuck Santa!

-John
Keep it acoustic.

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:12 pm

For further reading on how torture has helped America, truthout offers the following regarding Mssrs Cheney and Bush:

it is clear that he and Mr. Bush succeeded in using torture, not primarily to secure needed intelligence, but to create the propaganda they used to sell their invasion of Iraq.

http://www.truthout.org/042509A

Three cheers for Dick Cheney. The former vice president has urged, however rhetorically, that the Obama administration release more of the torture memos. "One of the things that I find a little bit disturbing about this recent disclosure is they put out the legal memos, the memos that the CIA got from the Office of Legal Counsel, but they didn't put out the memos that showed the success of the effort," the former vice president told FoxNews.

"I've now formally asked the CIA to take steps to declassify those memos so we can lay them out there and the American people have a chance to see what we obtained and what we learned and how good the intelligence was."

News reports differ as to whether Mr. Cheney has formally made the request, but he is absolutely right that the American people need to see the complete record. He is wrong about what the record will show. From the material already released or ferreted out by journalists, it is clear that he and Mr. Bush succeeded in using torture, not primarily to secure needed intelligence, but to create the propaganda they used to sell their invasion of Iraq.
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:28 pm

Cheney suffers from a deep psychosis.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

rosaclinic
I'm New!

Re: Pelosi's Botox injections finally took their toll

Post by rosaclinic » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:06 am

what to do with it?

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:11 am

rosaclinic wrote:what to do with it?
I don't know. Do you think Botox would help with my old shriveled visors?

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:45 am

RussellK wrote:
rosaclinic wrote:what to do with it?
I don't know. Do you think Botox would help with my old shriveled visors?
I see conversational drift . . .
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Spezialist

Re:

Post by Spezialist » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:58 am

MeyerII wrote:
Robert Berglund wrote:
MeyerII wrote:Huh. This is new. Somebody who posts regurgitated Faux News bs, but doesn't jump up and down and wet himself when people disagree with him.

=D>

Can I ask you where you get your news from?
Lately? Damn near nowhere, but that is due to a crushing work schedule. I am still a fan of traditional journalism, but there is less and less of that to be found each day.

So any newspaper I come across. The Seattle Times for sure for local news, then the New York Times, but that's mostly just so I can read Krugman. Lately, some of the better reporting on events in this country can be found in the newspapers of other countries, particularly the Guardian and sometimes the Toronto Star.

NPR and PRI whenever I get the chance. Some people claim that NPR is biased, but that is a complete load of bullshit - some of the best reporting in this country. Bob Edwards is a god.

Then when a particular topic interests me, I hunt for the source and will take anything I can get my hands on. I go to books when particularly interested, and I make sure to actually buy them.

A few exceptions. My wife watches the local news every night, so I watch the local news every night. Even though I have no interest whatsoever in fires, car chases and robberies. Oh well. And then there's Cable News - the worst thing to happen to humanity since Rupert Murdoch. This is exactly why strict ideals of journalistic ethics were codified in the first place - you can't just give the people what they want to hear and retain a single shred of integrity. You can't. "Talk" radio and cable news, for that reason, should be avoided at all costs.

And then, oddly enough, there's the Daily Show. It is really intended to be entertainment, but in spite of itself, it often ends up being thought-provoking. For intance, the first I had ever heard of Japanese soldiers being tried, convicted and sentenced to death for the war crime of waterboarding (remember waaaaaay back when we were talking about that?) was while watching a recent show. Shows how far the Fifth Estate has sunk that this now has to be considered a viable source.

Hey Robs,
How puny.

I find letting NEWS ripen and get a bit stale to let all of the sensationalism out of it works very good.