Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:28 pm

I just had to post this. I was so glad I had a camera with me. Just wish I had some goodies.

[albumimg]190[/albumimg]
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:46 pm

Funny that the car won't let you go any slower than 10mph.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:54 pm

He hasta corral it in th' backyard every nite. Must be a bitch to jump in...
I like it! I do miss the other Sluggo one tho, that was pretty cool too.
Come to th NW. We have some damn good goodies. N. Cal. too. Tho I'd imagine the Hollywood green is pretty damn good too. Th' Midwest stuff just isn't as fresh I'm sorry ta say chitwnvw. Brown n' seedy, unless you do th' hydro trip and pay th' pretty-penny. :colors: But I've been here for 5 years so things have probably changed. You ever go to that Weed Fest? 1 year was great, then the next year was fulla cops with riot gear lots of fun. Cricket Hill I think??? My memory fades.
Shit, I've been sick since Sunday coughing up both lungs so I'm now pure as a baby.

Adventurewagen
IAC Addict!

Post by Adventurewagen » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:06 pm

Don't forget to snag a picture when you hit "THE SIGN OF THE DEVIL"
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
That could be your Halloween Avatar. :pirate:
63 Gulf Blue Notch
71 Sierra Yellow Adventurewagen
DjEep wrote:Velo? Are you being "over-run"? Do you need to swim through a sea of Mexican anchor-babies to get to your bus in the morning?
:wav:

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:27 pm

hambone wrote:He hasta corral it in th' backyard every nite. Must be a bitch to jump in...
I like it! I do miss the other Sluggo one tho, that was pretty cool too.
Come to th NW. We have some damn good goodies. N. Cal. too. Tho I'd imagine the Hollywood green is pretty damn good too. Th' Midwest stuff just isn't as fresh I'm sorry ta say chitwnvw. Brown n' seedy, unless you do th' hydro trip and pay th' pretty-penny. :colors: But I've been here for 5 years so things have probably changed. You ever go to that Weed Fest? 1 year was great, then the next year was fulla cops with riot gear lots of fun. Cricket Hill I think??? My memory fades.
Shit, I've been sick since Sunday coughing up both lungs so I'm now pure as a baby.
We used to live in San Francisco, Portland and Seattle. My Wife is from Petaluma. I prefer the Northwest. But I can't find a job as good as what I've got here up there. I swore I'd never come back to L.A. Defintely miss the NW Goodies. It's not the same here. Although the Medical stuff is phenomanal! You can get good brown but you have to know the right people. Sometimes it even smells & tastes green. They had those festivals in Seattle and the same thing happened. The last 2 times we went people were getting tackled by the cops. And when they tossed out joints at 420, the cops stopped em.

Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.

hambone

Post by hambone » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:41 pm

That's very sad, but not terribly surprising. Sooner or later this whole prohibition nonsense will have to end, once people come out of their spider holes. It's pretty low on the cop-o-meter adjenda up here, as you know. I just don't know what to make of it all anymore...Woodstock and all that was almost 40 years ago!!! What the hell..
You're pretty well travelled! Had no idea. Of course I don't know much about ya. Yeah, the job market here sucks unless you're a MBA yupster with a trust fund, they seem to thrive. But all that glorious wet wilderness I do dig. What's it like living in LA? I hear good things about the arts and culture down there, bad things about the freeways/smog/crime/glam...I guess any big city has so much give and take.

Birdibus
IAC Addict!

Post by Birdibus » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:51 pm

Sluggo~ great pic! I noticed it on another topic and saved it to my computer. Did your odometer just flip over recently? Mine's due soon. If you hadn't noticed, the usual September dry spell is still upon us down here. A recent bust of a large herb garden has an Orange county politician calling for legalization and taxation of the sacred herb. Who would bother to farm our public spaces if it was legal?, he says. He also likes the prospect of tax revenues.
71 bus, 74 westy

hambone

Post by hambone » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:06 pm

It just makes sense. But thanks to that whole creepy fundamentalist thing going on, it's going to take a while. I swear those people would deny pooping if they could, everything is squeaky clean, no 4 letter words, no muss...

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:09 pm

Birdibus wrote:Sluggo~ great pic! I noticed it on another topic and saved it to my computer. Did your odometer just flip over recently? Mine's due soon. If you hadn't noticed, the usual September dry spell is still upon us down here. A recent bust of a large herb garden has an Orange county politician calling for legalization and taxation of the sacred herb. Who would bother to farm our public spaces if it was legal?, he says. He also likes the prospect of tax revenues.
I bought a reconditioned one and had the guy flip it to zero for me. I wish it reflected actual engine mileage. But it's 75 high.

Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:08 pm

I love smoking out midwesterners, or even better, non-Dutch European tourists, they get all wiggy off the Cali stuff.

SF is debating effectively legalizing the smoking and private trade of weed. 'Bout time.

PS The dashclock in Navin is stuck on 4:20.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

hambone

Post by hambone » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:15 am

SF seems like a very cool and progressive city, too bad it's so damn expensive/exclusive. I'll bet it was better back in the 50s when it was just a normal city. But what can you do, life goes on. It seems like Portland is heading that way too, just a matter of time. But ya never know!

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

Post by tristessa » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:44 am

DjEep wrote:PS The dashclock in Navin is stuck on 4:20.
hehe .. my dashclock doesn't work and that's the time I've got it set at too.
Remember, only YOU can prevent narcissism!

mattg
Old School!

Post by mattg » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:20 am

I love smoking out midwesterners

Hey, man the midwest is underrated...When I lived in Madison, Wi the sticky was all around - in the midwest you just have to look a little harder but it is here - it is all around.
I'm all out of ideas and I've tried nothing.

77 Westy 2.0 FI

hambone

Post by hambone » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:21 am

Welcome, Matt. What part of Illinois are you in?

mattg
Old School!

Post by mattg » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:23 am

About 60 miles west of Chicago - just outside of the track housing which is marching this way - a town called Elburn.
I'm all out of ideas and I've tried nothing.

77 Westy 2.0 FI