Adherence to the constitution, and perhaps Natural Law..

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:00 am

John Edwards may be better than most canditates, and I won't ditch him for the house, and not everyone yet frets over cutting down trees....John Edwards may be okay, but he probably has a long way to go still IMHO...
Amskeptic wrote: DO NOT FEAR the Federal Government when it plays by the rules, we have transparent functions written into our most basic charters that have only been hidden by the bastards who denigrate it and abuse it for their own gain Colin
I agree with this. Here is where we probably differ....We need to go much further back than Reagan, than the Federal Reserve Act, than the IRS, ,etc....Back to the Constitution.... You state "when it plays by the rules", they have broken the rules way too long,,,the rule book is the Constitution coupled I guess with the Bill of Rights and Declaration of Independence.
I really think that Constitution and our form of Government is the best, and it could be the very thing to unite the world,,,but voluntarily.(and back the way it was, not this corrupted BS of 100+ years)...Other countries could join us, have the minimal laws provided by the Constitution, and then have there own idiosyncrasies.....(coupled with Natural Law)

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:30 pm

Quadratrückseite wrote:I now eagerly await the attack of fervent Gore/Edwards supporters. :joker:
Well stated, and that attack will not be coming from me. Politicians, generally speaking, are an untrustworthy bunch. Some have good ideas, some articulate better than others, but, would I ever turn my back on one of them? Hell no.

-John
Keep it acoustic.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:45 pm

LiveonJG wrote:
Quadratrückseite wrote:I now eagerly await the attack of fervent Gore/Edwards supporters. :joker:
Well stated, and that attack will not be coming from me. Politicians, generally speaking, are an untrustworthy bunch. Some have good ideas, some articulate better than others, but, would I ever turn my back on one of them? Hell no.

-John
John Edwards is living the American Dream that all neo-conservatives lust after. He is under attack for daring to speak of the excesses of the American Dream. He is open to charges of hypocrisy by people who are so fricken tangled up in not knowing what to hate and how to hate it. Same with Al Gore's Tennesee mansion and carbon footprint.

If Al and Ed shut their damn yaps, you know damn well they'd be welcomed at the Southern Country Club with a hearty backslap and a whiskey.

But no. They shot off at the mouth truths that stand regardless of their lifestyles.

According to the construction of your argument here Quadratrückseite, we Americans best not speak of world hunger because as fat pig Americans, we are hypocrites for continuing to shovel this disgusting Nabisco factory food down our blubber-choked gullets. I think God and Justice and People Everywhere are perfectly happy to have Al Gore awaken all of us to the perils we are visiting upon this planet. According to your argument, nobody can call the alarm unless they ride a rickshaw to work and live in a cave? I think God and Justice and People Everywhere are perfectly happy to have a successful trial lawyer take the corporate money machine to task. John made his the old fashioned way. He earned it by his own work. . . not by sucking his 12,000 employee workforce dry of their pensions and healthcare benefits.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:58 pm

Amskeptic wrote:According to your argument, nobody can call the alarm unless they ride a rickshaw to work and live in a cave?
Colin
That sounds like a good life to me! But why work at all if you live in a cave? Cave, rickshaw, no job... sounds divine.

I like Edwards. Quite a bit, actually.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:31 pm

Velokid1 wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:According to your argument, nobody can call the alarm unless they ride a rickshaw to work and live in a cave?
Colin
That sounds like a good life to me! But why work at all if you live in a cave? Cave, rickshaw, no job... sounds divine.

I do too. As a matter of fact, I am so relieved to be almost out from under the singularly most depressing period of my Where Is The America I Love life, that I am enjoying all of these candidates. Fresh air! Intelligence! Vision! Articalitness! Actual passion! I am love with actual adults who dream of being President! May I say it? I think the George Bush/Dick Cheney Show is the very greatest abomination to cross my consciousness thus far, and I pray fervently that it is the very last. For all of us. Forever. Amen.
Colin :compress:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Quadratrückseite
IAC's #1 Cubs Fan
IAC's #1 Cubs Fan

Post by Quadratrückseite » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:02 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Velokid1 wrote:
Colin

I do too. As a matter of fact, I am so relieved to be almost out from under the singularly most depressing period of my Where Is The America I Love life, that I am enjoying all of these candidates. Fresh air! Intelligence! Vision! Articalitness! Actual passion! I am love with actual adults who dream of being President! May I say it? I think the George Bush/Dick Cheney Show is the very greatest abomination to cross my consciousness thus far, and I pray fervently that it is the very last. For all of us. Forever. Amen.
Colin :compress:
Me too...but I guess it got overlooked.
Quadratrückseite wrote: I actually like John Edwards. He is my favorite of the Democrat candidates.
Sometimes Colin, you seem to, perhaps because of your hatred of the current administration, gloss over some of the flaws of the other side. I believe I stated this about Gore:
Quadratrückseite wrote: As far as I'm concerned, I love his message, whether it might be a tad extremist or not, it's a message people need to hear.
Where you and I differ is - I cannot stand to hear someone speak so fervently about a cause, and show nothing in their actions that suggests that they themselves are doing anything about it. Talking about it, sure, all well and good. Then you need to walk the walk, in my opinion. Showing up at a public appearance in a Prius once and awhile while the rest of the time you take SUVs and private jets around and live in a monstrous energy wasting house is just plain wrong....when you are telling everyone else we have to act now to save the planet.
'Cuse me - I've got to go turn my thermostat down now to do my part. :flower: Can't afford to buy any carbon credits for meself - got to do it the old fashioned way - by actually doing something myself.
"The bus is the real talisman. It's the thing that runs through all of this history. It's not a thing anybody owns or controls. No matter how peeved you get with people, the bus always makes your heart jump. Everybody was attached to it."
- Ken Kesey

Steve
1978 Country Homes Camper conversion - "Gus"

http://gusthevwbus.com
http://freshandmodern.com/blog

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:01 pm

Amskeptic wrote:John made his the old fashioned way. He earned it by his own work. . . not by sucking his 12,000 employee workforce dry of their pensions and healthcare benefits.
Colin
There's something off putting about JE, his excessive house, his 300 dollar haircuts. But at least he's not pretending he's something he's not. He's a rich white guy who came from working class stock.

And at least Edwards is talking about poor people. Most of the candidates, are interested in the middle class. I guess it's shameful to not have any money. It's refreshing to hear John talk about the poor.

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:00 am

And at least Edwards is talking about poor people. Most of the candidates, are interested in the middle class. I guess it's shameful to not have any money. It's refreshing to hear John talk about the poor.
i get the feeling he is merely using that topic to get votes..i really dont think he gives a shit. Like when Russert asked him why, if he was so concerned for the poor, did he go work for a hedge fund ? there was a long silent pause...then edwards just mumbled some line about his concern for the poor...Russert repeated the question slowly and firmly...and Edwards had no answer..just some cliched answer about his concern for blabla bla...
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:31 am

dingo wrote:
i get the feeling he is merely using that topic to get votes..i really dont think he gives a shit. Like when Russert asked him why, if he was so concerned for the poor, did he go work for a hedge fund ? there was a long silent pause...then edwards just mumbled some line about his concern for the poor...Russert repeated the question slowly and firmly...and Edwards had no answer..just some cliched answer about his concern for blabla bla...
Probably, most of them do just that, they are all part of this huge game....
Now if you look at Ron Paul you will see that he says the say thing every year to every group and his voting records show he votes just like he speaks...

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:49 am

steve74baywin wrote:
Now if you look at Ron Paul you will see that he says the say thing every year to every group and his voting records show he votes just like he speaks...
That doesn't matter to most people. They've made that clear.

We all sit around bitching about how politicians are "ALL such LIARS. Every last one of them! It just makes me SICK!" But when there is one under our nose who has lived, worked and voted by the same principles for decades, we won't acknowledge the poor guy.

In fact, everyone looks at his voting record with one eyebrow raised and they call him a kook for his consistency. We obviously don't want what we think we want.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:09 am

Velokid1 wrote:
steve74baywin wrote:
That doesn't matter to most people. They've made that clear.

We all sit around bitching about how politicians are "ALL such LIARS. Every last one of them! It just makes me SICK!" But when there is one under our nose who has lived, worked and voted by the same principles for decades, we won't acknowledge the poor guy.

In fact, everyone looks at his voting record with one eyebrow raised and they call him a kook for his consistency. We obviously don't want what we think we want.
And people look at me funny when I say the masses are deceived?? If they are not I must be on some long heavy acid trip...

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm

dingo wrote: i get the feeling he is merely using that topic to get votes..i really dont think he gives a shit.
Have you heard any other candidate even talk about the poor? I think I've seen all the candidates, either their stump speech, an interview, or a debate and he's the only one that's mentioned that 4 letter word.

That makes me think talking about poor folk doesn't get you a lot of votes. I rather think any mention of helping those less fortunate makes all the middle class want to not vote for that candidate. Who wants a candidate that's going to take all of our hard earned money and give it to some freeloaders?

turk

Post by turk » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:32 pm

Honestly, I've only seen Edwards a couple times on the tv. I like his passion. But how real is it? He reminds me of a Simpsons character sometimes. He's full of politico bombast. So does Gore and Kerry come to think of it. Now, I may be wronger than garters on a nun but Ron Paul doesn't strike me that way. He interests me in his delivery and more importantly, the content of his speech.

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:25 pm

turk wrote:Now, I may be wronger than garters on a nun
Kinky, very kinky. Got any pics?

-John
Keep it acoustic.

turk

Post by turk » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:47 pm

Okay, how 'bout wronger than hot dogs and zucchini on a pizza? Sorry JG, nope. :pirate: